Author Topic: System Tweaks  (Read 944 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
System Tweaks
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 12:45:16 PM »
Before the new PC, I had the 800Mhz P3.  RAYZORE got me the best MPG out of it.  

I still think that a thanks is needed instead of all of the hi-jackings.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
System Tweaks
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »
Anti-aliasing uses up video RAM like crazy and requires more processing time for the video card.  The higher the level of anti-aliasing the more the video must work, and more video RAM will be used.

It is one of the aspects of video cards you need to just try.  However, if you are experiencing low frame rates with anti-aliasing disabled, then enabling it will make it worse.  If you have it enabled and have frame rate issues, then turning it down to a lower lever or disabling it will increase the frame rate.

Overall, there are a ton of things you can do to get more out of your computer.  Reducing background processes, disabling themes, disabling unnecessary services, disabling system restore, disabling auto-updater and so on.  None of which I can actually recommend, but there are a ton of things you can do.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
System Tweaks
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:29:13 PM »
Originally posted by rayzore
Besides I think the only reason your posting here is to cause trouble
and you no interest in helping any palyers in the game.
Your also probably 1 of those people that like to post negative and unconstructive messages. So do us all a favor got start a thread then ARGUE with yourself.

You obviously don't know 38. I have known him for many years now, and that can't be further from the truth.

You post something that isn't factual & he posts to clarify so others aren't mislead, and at a minimum have another view. If you can't handle posting in a forum where others can clarify or dispute, then why posts. At a minimum, don't whine if someone adds clarity to the  posts. Is your ego really that fragile?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
System Tweaks
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
We're not saying Razore's tweeks are wrong or bad ..

I believe were just pointing out that the Hardware /OS config needs to be looked at also ... Some tweeks can really mess up some configs.

So if your gonna post tweeks its best to post your system hardware specs and OS/ drivers to so we can compare .

I myself have 6 different pc's .. what works great on one doesnt always work good on another .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline rayzore

• Zinc Member
System Tweaks
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 03:58:20 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I think the confusion is Rayzore is saying use 4x instead of 8x AA, while 38 is saying use 0x instead of 4x AA. 38 is saying, going up too 4xAA might hurt a mid range VC which would benefit from 0xAA.

Bottom line is, higher AA looks better but takes more VC power, lower AA looks jagged but is much faster.

Grit  Thank you .

Yes this is what I am saying.
ATI and Nvidia Control Panels are DEFAULT set to APPLICATION PREFFERENCE.
You must uncheck this and set the AA to what ever you wish
I find that 4X AA is the best COMPRIMISE. Performance V. Quality

And Just for the Record
Although I have a Arguement with Roscoroo and 38Ruk don't think I have
any respect. I disagree with others very VIGORUSLY just for fun
But I reall dont want or need or care to see any comments from SHUBIE

SHUBIE is persona non grada this is a member who knows Exactly nil
About PC's and for that matter even less on how to play the game.
So Please Disreguard Any statments he attempts to Sway your OPINION