Author Topic: Returning to my roots...  (Read 442 times)

Offline Wyseguy

• Zinc Member
      • http://moneywow.org
Returning to my roots...
« on: July 18, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »
Hey there!

I'm not "new" to Aces high but it has been a really longtime. Little info..

I started out playing AirWarrior 1-3 back when it was being hosted through AOL many moons ago. Used to fly with the "Flying Fishhawks" squadron. That gave me my first experiences in online play and I loved every minute of it.

Eventually that went the way of the DoDo and I found myself in the vast wasteland that is referred to as MMO's. I found Aces High and had a great time as a bish-bomber pilot for about 6 months. Life changed and I let my sub run out.

Time passed and I found myself in games like Star Wars Galaxies. When they introduced their psuedo-flight sim content I was reminded of how much I enjoyed flying fully crewed bombers with like minded individuals. Considering I abhore "leet kiddies" and the like my stay at SWG ended.

I've played World of Warcraft for about 6 months now and it just doesn't cut the mustard. I bounced from MMO to MMO looking for the missing "fun factor". Of course.. eventually it came to me....   I wonder if Aces High is still around?

I cannot express how happy I was to see that it is. Tonight will be my first online flight in years. I'm a decent pilot, no way am I in the same league as the vet's around here though. I'll be getting the dust off my wings and hopefully be looking for a squadron in a few weeks.

I began my online gaming in the not so friendly skies and I can't wait to go back there. I'm happy to see companies like HiTech Creations still out there and prospering.

Enjoy shooting me down for the next few weeks... because I learn fast!

./Salute

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:33:16 PM »
Glad to here that your coming back into aces High. If u need any help at all look me up. I play for the knights team, and u can find me on channel 177 home of the 613th SOS pariah.

:aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »
Look us up ingame. A bunch of us are old AWers.

VMF-101 Nightmares
Me, MGD,Kzrsoze,Cpta,50cals,tdorde,plink, and many others are on quite a bit.

~AoM~

Offline Wyseguy

• Zinc Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »
The funniest part so far.. since I've bounced around so much..

I was playing offline the other day, couldn't figure out for the life of me the simpliest of tasks... "Where are the d*** flaps on this thing?" ./esc ./options ./keyboard config... "OH!"

"How the heck do I switch guns again?" ./esc ./options ./keyboard config... "OH!"

So it should be a blast tonight!

{613th SOS pariah = Knights, got it..}
{VMF-101 Nightmares = ???}

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »
Also along with nightmares we have a few old AW guys like Gato gringo Chopsaw Buc Ivant. Just to give you a lilltle info on the 613th....we consist of 2 squads the 613th SOS pariah and the 613th SOS plague.. all toghter we contain about o 30-35 guys....you can check out are website at http://www.613th.com "once u register to the sight you will be able to see more"

well i think thats a good lil breifing lol see you in the sky:)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 02:49:50 PM »
welcome back from a newly addicted flying target :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Wyseguy

• Zinc Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
Also along with nightmares we have a few old AW guys like Gato gringo Chopsaw Buc Ivant. Just to give you a lilltle info on the 613th....we consist of 2 squads the 613th SOS pariah and the 613th SOS plague.. all toghter we contain about o 30-35 guys....you can check out are website at http://www.613th.com "once u register to the sight you will be able to see more"

well i think thats a good lil breifing lol see you in the sky:)

registered to the site.. reading the info now. I'll go looking for you all tonight ingame, thanks mate!

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »
rgr that:D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »
Sick Puppies on bish have a few guys from AW, Sonnyten, Reacher, Rhino, few others too I believe but that's all that pop into my head right now(just woke up)  Welcome back!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
Originally posted by goldelks
Glad to here that your coming back into aces High. If u need any help at all look me up. I play for the knights team, and u can find me on channel 177 home of the 613th SOS pariah.

:aok

after goldy is done with ya, you really will need some help!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Returning to my roots...
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »
ignore ripper lol jk ripper :p
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA