Author Topic: B-17 Reverse Parking  (Read 367 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
B-17 Reverse Parking
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »
So I am in the TA, doing my usual acrobatics to relax...

The film starts as I complete my 8th Hanger fly through (got the full film will upload it tomorrow from work). I am in a B-17 and have just taken out 3 engines. one on a tree just before the hanger and two inside the hanger....

Being the thoughtful guy I am I decide to park the old girl where the ground crews can get easy access....

Watch the film, have a laugh.

B-17 Reverse Park.ahf

Film Time: About 1 Min
Format: .AHF
Size: 206kb

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
B-17 Reverse Parking
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »
LOL AWSOME PARKING. Did you take any damage when u hit they ground besides the engines. Thats was Amazing. I big thumbs up :aok
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
B-17 Reverse Parking
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
lol mussie that was great!

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
B-17 Reverse Parking
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:20:42 PM »
Thanks Guys

The only damage before the ground assisted U-Turn was the props, Bent Number 4 on a tree just before the BH and then clipped Numbers 2 and 3 on the floor of the Hanger....

As you can guess a B-17 with one engine and a bunch of flaps flys real slow, I think thats why I kept my wing when I did the U-turn... I dont think there was any other damage to the plane....

It was just lucky that I was in the external view and I saw the "Parking" opertunity so I applied the Wheel brakes and it ended up pretty much purfect (well I thought it was purfect atleast :) )