Author Topic: CNN's Taliban Tour  (Read 237 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
CNN's Taliban Tour
« on: November 05, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
What a load of horseshit! American Press (CNN & ABC to name a couple) riding shotgun with the ENEMY while they, the TERRORISTS, manipulate our free press for sympathy.
 http://www.cnn.com/video/world/2001/11/05/nr.tal.frontlines.cnn.med.html

Can you imagine that in 1944 with the Germans or Japanese?? At which point would the media's actions be classified as traitorous?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
CNN's Taliban Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2001, 11:07:00 AM »
At what point? Immediately.  They are traitorous.  I would suggest immediate deportation to set an example to the rest of the press that we are serious about Homeland security.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
CNN's Taliban Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler:
riding shotgun with the ENEMY while they, the TERRORISTS, manipulate our free press for sympathy.

And that's children is what we call an oxymoran.   :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
CNN's Taliban Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
I think it in our best interest for the media to act in a non-partisan fashion.

I believe that it will take much more than a bit of "media manipulation" to test our resolve.

That said, where's the harm in this piece? Where's the treachery and treason? Was the reporter even a U.S. citizen? His accent certainly didn't give me that impression. And if he was, so what?
sand

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
CNN's Taliban Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
Well, I just watched the whole thing.  Whats the problem?  I was actually rather suprised to see CNN not making an all-out sob story case of the Taliban.  They actually seemed to be leaning towards the fact that the information the Taliban has been releasing to the media is a bunch of bunk, which it is if you ask me lol.

It's a war, and there will be civilian casualties.  I'm impressed with CNN for the first time in years.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann