Author Topic: Defeating the bnz  (Read 1365 times)

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
Back in the old days   to get a turn fighter i would  make a half hearted pass on  a turn fighter just to see what his reaction would be. if the guy was smart and pulled  some of the moves as you all have described i sometimes would test the turn fighter again just to see if i had a chance.
if he was good i would  break off or fight until things started looking close on the E situation. ( or how many wingies he had inbound)  gaining angles or forcing a mistake on either ones part.  as soon as i felt the Turner was going to get the upper hand it is time to leave.  ( this is a good  Zoomer Turner fight)  both have to know when to put the fangs back in and go home .  some Zoomers leave much too early IMHO.

if i felt i had a chance i would always keep the E atvantage so i have the options and stay on top of the fight.  if you get a Zoomer co E you have him by the short ones kill the fool !!! if he knows when it is time to leave  Salute him and tell him good fight.

SA and E managment  is always the Key.

I think i just decribed  the coversion of a Band Z  to a totally cool E fight.

but heck what do i know im just a  Newbie

AWRabbit
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:05:49 PM by awrabbit »
Rabbit

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 09:34:56 PM »
yoshi ur in a zero, if hes on u one on one and if he doesnt get u on the bnz he can just leave, zeros are retarded slow and i never find a zero at nothin above 1k and at that alt it doesnt even do 300. If zeros arent in a slow turn fight there no good, when i come adjust them(this is normally in a furbal) i got the speed at atleast above 360(meaning if a miss the shot he cant catch me) and normally he is chaseing someone or doesnt see me, a quick pass he nromally trys to go left at the last minute and i buzz him or nail him either way he cant get me. A smart guy in a speed demon wont let u get him, either he kills u, u escape, or a buddy joins the fight. Ur meal is the guy in the spit16 that thinks nothin can turn wit him(so i noe ur eating good:lol ). Last time i had a zero to myslef it was a easy meal, i dive, get close he turns, gives me a nice flat target, 6 50s blast, zero pops or hes on fire, back up and watch him burn. I remeber once i cam alittle higher then one maybe 500 feet above he turned and i hi yoyo'd after then he pulled up i guess to level so he can get me in a turn fight but he was slow and flat at about 550k out and i put 50s on him.

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
BnZ
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »
Rabbit, et all, gud points. thanks

awrabbit a noob?  roflmao  

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2006, 04:15:03 PM »
I have a couple of lag roll films up on the Unforgiven's website. Link is in my sig.

Your best bet for defeating a BnZer is to be patient. Keep out of guns when they pull in for the shot. Eventually, all their pulling for a shot on you is going to remove their E advantage and level the playing field.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 12:53:23 PM »
so alot of wut i'm seeing here is,

1.) don't get shot

2.)be patient

3.)mix it up so as not be shot

4.) when he finally loses all that E (assuming he hasn't just left) the playing field is level, unless he turns tail and runs

5.) hook 'em into a turn fight if possible, (although i prefer the twisting turning/vertical fights) then blast 'is oscar

but, please keep posting it is interesting to here every1s different stratagies to this; and i'm sure this is most usefull to plenty of other pilots as well.:aok

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »

Shhhhh..... dont tell anyone

backatcha /O
Rabbit

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »
just learn to bleed the E out of  the B&Z'er and he is all yers.

as i said before most zoomers are pretty helpless co-e /alt .

it is pretty easy to bait  a zoomer into a knife fight (most times his fangs are  out and he has lost his mind) and totally forgot that  the closer he gets to co- E the closer  he loses he is to losing hi advantage.
Rabbit

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 04:03:02 PM »
well if his head aint on straight that wat will happen, but if ur all alone and he takes his time i dont thin there much u cant do, ur in a zero, one good rake will kill u. if u were in somethin else u have more options

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »
bkbandit, I feel sorry for you the first time you encounter someone who actually knows how to fly a zero.  ;)

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »
I agree a Zero is a mean little fighter in the right hands.

Fester has cleaned my clock in the past many times in  one
Rabbit

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 03:26:48 AM »
lol, stay fast. the thing is the slowest fighter in the game. they never climb, 90% of them r found on the deck and if ur fightin that 10% up hi alittle speed turns his controls to trash, u can out turn him or force him to break his plane. Unless ur slow and low there not a threat to u. A slow speed of 300 mpg on the deck will out run it or at least let u drag race him. The zeros best place is in a furball sneakin in behind someone, but then him being the slowest and the biggest threat in the turnin biz hes normally killed first by ur la7,hurri c,nik, this is why there not a popular ride in m/a. the only thing it can do is turn slow but once ur(assuming ur smart and carrying ur cruze speed or above) in behind him and he turns hi yo yo or just go verticel and work him wit patience, soft skined zeros normally go on fire quick(they burn for too long, in the gun cams they die as soon as they go on fire) so then sit back and watch. Its no secret that zero is the best slow turner in the game, just dont be stupid and work around it.

Offline rauchen

• Zinc Member
Defeating the bnz
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 06:57:10 PM »
I've had bad luck when the BnZ'er goes vertical on me and he's a good shot.  I just don't know what to do then. He can aileron roll to match anything I do & if I dive he'll just catch me & kill me in 1 pass.

That said - I've had good luck by keeping the the con at 90 degrees to my flight path - that is off the right or left wing tip.  I climb at 200 mph and keep him off my wingtip until he starts to try & saddle me up.  At about 1.5k I will pull up & do a barrel roll toward the con.  When I roll out level I try to change my heading to match his in the hopes of getting a snap shot on him.

The barrel roll at 90 degree deflection is brutal to hit - you go up, then down, so if he thinks you're doing a climbing turn he'll climb then red out when you tuck under.

I've done this repeatedly and the best part is you're climbing most of the time while he's bleeding.  I wind up co-alt and the con is too pissed to let me go.

Also, getting a snap shot on a 109K in your Wildcat and killing his engine is really a good time.  Once a 109k goes glider the wildcat can catch 'em.

Heheheh.