Author Topic: Doo Wop  (Read 216 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:33:28 AM »
Soooooooo.........I wake up a little after 2:00 A.M. when ole Mr. pain pays a visit.
The tube is on and I scan the channels. KERA is doing one of it`s "Let me in your wallet" thingies. Doo Woppers doing there thing. Some pretty cool stuff. It`s still on.
Makes me want to fire up the `57, grab Betty Lou and head on down to the hop. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:37:23 AM »
Which '57 are we talking about here?  Bel Air?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 03:48:37 AM »
:)  The frame of mind `57 this doo wop will put ya in.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 06:36:42 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
:)  The frame of mind `57 this doo wop will put ya in.

The best there evar was!!!  Can't compete with music today!!!

Seen a show on the other nite... Was GREAT!!!  I couln't fly, just in the tower trying to explain to others what I was hearing.  3 or 4 guys could relate but others called me an "Old Fart"... Well if it's an Old Fart I am than I still remain instead of you wanna be rapsters blowin in the wind.

Doo Wop Rules.

:aok

BTW used to sit on the tailgate of a '58 Chev Nomad on the way down the road to the Park to fish and chase chipmunks at 6 years old and hearing Pop Pop blaring out the AM Radio the new stuff....before the Beatles!

Good Memories.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 12:18:35 PM »
I caught part of that show the other night. For some reason I got depressed watching a bunch of grey headed senior citizens try to hit those notes one more time. A clip show would have been much better.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 04:18:16 PM »
http://www.cars-on-line.com

Can find yer '57 there if ya need one.

(altho .. I haven't seen a '57 plymouth for sale in a long time)

-GE (dad owned a red one with white inserts .. just about the most beautiful finned car I have ever seen .. love to get one an stuff it fulla Hemi)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 04:35:26 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
For some reason I got depressed watching a bunch of grey headed senior citizens try to hit those notes one more time. A clip show would have been much better.

Gotta disagree with that. Quite the opposite. I thought they did a great job and that`s what made it all the more interesting. I enjoyed watching them get on stage again and they looked like they were having a great time doing it.
Duke Of Earl was a blast. :)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Doo Wop
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:38:23 AM »
Glad you got a kick out of it. It was like watching Namath play for the Rams to me.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.