Author Topic: Perk points  (Read 515 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:58:45 AM »
I'm a bit confused.

I shot down an Ar234 (it was a single one, not a formation) with my trusty Ki84, then I landed and, when I went in hangar, I saw that I earned 7.28 perk points in that sortie (with another A2A kill)... now, shouldn't I have gained the perk points that the Arado pilots lost to me? I thought that's the way it works....

Btw, I got the kill after pinging him, not to death, the system message arrived later, maybe this changes things?
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Perk points
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »
No, you only get points depending on ENY value of plane and *your* country perk multiplier, not based on however much the Arado pilot "payed" - which by the way also depends on *his* country perk multiplier.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Perk points
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:57:16 AM »
No.
The perk points you earn are not based on "Perk Point cost" but on ENY. Its (YourPlanesENY / HisPLaneENY) x Perk Point Modifier
So killing an Ar234 (Eny=5) in an Ki84 (Eny=15) gets you 5  perk points if sides are balanced (=modifier 1.0)

Because of that, killing of a Me262 gives you no more Perks than, for example, killing a La7
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:58:31 AM »
Ah, cc, thank you lady and gentleman.

And congratulations for your perfect timing! :D

EDIT: thinking about it, it's not fair. If I lose a perk plane, I lose my perkies, if I shoot it down, I should earn its value, that would be a nice magnet for killing perk planes :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 09:00:36 AM by Gianlupo »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »
Greedy Italians!!!! :t

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Perk points
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 11:53:39 AM »
Well but that would mean all free planes shot down give you no perk points at all because no one looses perk points.

I dont think you would get more perks with that?

EDIT: Also Schatzi and Lusche forgot to mention it depends on the outcome of the sortie, landed successfull gives full points evrything else gives less points, with getting killed being the worst at i think 0.25.... but not sure there. Since you mentioned you landed i guess you at least got a captured or ditched.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:56:52 AM by Schutt »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Perk points
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
15 / 5 = 3, so that other kill must have been worth 2-3 points, and the multiplier probably kicked in, making it higher still.

I landed a 5 kill sortie in an F6F in FT, not sure of the numbers but we were getting ganged by both other countries. Next sortie I checked "last sortie" in hangar, and it said something like 50 perkies (for ONE sortie!!!!!!!)

Rare, sure, but I've easily made 35 perks in a Ki84 sortie, many times, to tie it back to Gianlupo's example. I guess the perks system works well enough. I'd like to see some changes (i.e. have some perk planes at "1" eny -- or if this is too generous, at LEAST "2" -- "5" is too much like every other free plane in the game.)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »
No, Schutt, I landed at a friendly field :) And the second kill was a spit XVI, don't know how many perkies it's worth.

Btw Schutt, the change I proposed was only for perk points, not for free plane. I mean, if I lose perk point when I lose my perked planes, it would be nice to earn them when you shoot one down.... think about it... every single perked plane would instantly become a target, even more than now! :D

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 05:10:28 AM »
Men! All they ever want is more!!  :D

:t

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
Perk points
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 07:32:23 AM »
lmao Schatzi, I honestly think if we shoot down more Perk Planes say a 262 we should get a Certain amount of Sheep in Return, That Would Definently Boost some Confidence :)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Perk points
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 07:13:50 AM »
See??! I'm not the only one!

WE WANT MORE!!11!!!1!!1!! :D