Author Topic: Attention anyone looking for a skin to do...  (Read 915 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Attention anyone looking for a skin to do...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 01:30:32 AM »
Nice error message. ;)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 03:15:56 AM »
Hmmm...

I've got that link saved in my favorites and it works.  But, the link I posted doesn't work.

Maybe Google? Try this http://www.ahskinning.netfirms.com./

[Edit] that didn't work either...Maybe the site is down and its just saved in my computer...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:21:30 AM by Stoney74 »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 12:12:55 PM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
hey we all got to start somewhere.

my first  second  third  fivethousand and sixyfour atempts were crap,some still are  but you learn a little each time u try something,the main thing to remember is to do things in layers  and if stuck ask questions on here.

the guys on here always help

Maybe so, but Roger made a wonderful P47-11 :)

to all skinners,

hap

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 12:19:27 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
All kinds of shark mouthed P40s out there.  It actually started with 112 squadron in the desert with thier P40s.  Before the LW guys jump in, they were also on 110s and 109Bs I believe.

Any of the 23rd FG P40s would have had them in US markings..  51st FG in the CBI also had shark mouths.

Actually one of the flying tigers said (I won't directly quote, I can't remember every word, but these are his basic words) "I saw a magazine showing a bf110 on the cover, with a wicked red shark's mouth on it, and thought that's the kind of thing we need! So we went around and hand-chalked the mouths onto the planes, and then had them painted in. Each one was done by hand, so each one was unique"

The LW was using it before the AVG did.

EDIT: Also the pre-war 109s had 'em, as shown