Author Topic: 22 Cities Join Clinton Anti-Warming Effort  (Read 788 times)

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
22 Cities Join Clinton Anti-Warming Effort
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
sooo... what do we do if the tempreture drops a degree or two in 10 years signaling a cooling trend?

How do we fix a cooling trend?

lazs

Get a heavier jacket. ;)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Isn't he stealing ALgore's thunder here?

Dunno if it's Al's or Captain Planet's .

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »
Aren't they the same thing?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 02:21:22 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Isn't he stealing ALgore's thunder here?

I INVENTAD GLOBUL WARMING!!! I'M THUPER THERIAL!!!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 02:28:35 PM »
so no one is worried about global cooling?   what a bunch of short sighted neocons!

lazs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »
as soon as china is where the US was in the 70's, I'll worry about doing more ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 04:43:40 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
if everyone would just set their AC's to 70 deg and open their windows we can cool down this runaway global warming.

come on people do your part.

When you set your a AC at 70 and then open you windows, if the temperature rose to the point where the AC kicked on....   then that would be good for... what?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »
Well you enviro-nuts go sue mother nature...because the recent eruptions from various volcanoes output vastly more greenhouse gases then we have since we became industrialized.

Please.  I want to see someone sue a volcanoe.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
When you set your a AC at 70 and then open you windows, if the temperature rose to the point where the AC kicked on....   then that would be good for... what?

sorry , i should have used the sarcastic smilie :rolleyes:

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »
ok so I am preventing the next iceage by driving my Escalade?

someone else has already saved the whales...
nobody plays whack-a -mole with the seals anymore ..
tuna hasn't tasted the same since they took flipper out of the net...

here in florida they banned putting in boatdocks for a year  to "save the manattees" (wtf?)(this is true )

we will either die from--- mad cow disease -SARS - birdflue- or missles from North korea or Iran well before the...
thermonuclear reaction that is our own sun causes it expand and raise the temp. of the earth far beyond what "global warming" freaks are hoping for.

and to think I survived the "alar" on apples to deal with this?

and while you treehugging freaks are sitting around drinking coffee at starbucks for 4 bucks a  12 OUNCE serving quit your *****ing about gas being 3 dollars a GALLON!  
If you had let us build nuclear powerplants there would be a lot less "green house gasses" being released into the atmosphere.. and more power instead of blackouts and brownouts... of course if we were allowed to drill for oil we wouldnt be so dependant on other countries for oil either now would we.. .

the difference between a "developer" and an "enviormentalist" is the "developer " wants to build a house in the woods.. the "eviornmentalist" already has a house in the woods!

kubaya ah this m****f***er

ps .. just in a weird mood .. sorry to clog a serious discussion thread

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
ok so I am preventing the next iceage by driving my Escalade?

someone else has already saved the whales...
nobody plays whack-a -mole with the seals anymore ..
tuna hasn't tasted the same since they took flipper out of the net...

here in florida they banned putting in boatdocks for a year  to "save the manattees" (wtf?)(this is true )

we will either die from--- mad cow disease -SARS - birdflue- or missles from North korea or Iran well before the...
thermonuclear reaction that is our own sun causes it expand and raise the temp. of the earth far beyond what "global warming" freaks are hoping for.

and to think I survived the "alar" on apples to deal with this?

and while you treehugging freaks are sitting around drinking coffee at starbucks for 4 bucks a  12 OUNCE serving quit your *****ing about gas being 3 dollars a GALLON!  
If you had let us build nuclear powerplants there would be a lot less "green house gasses" being released into the atmosphere.. and more power instead of blackouts and brownouts... of course if we were allowed to drill for oil we wouldnt be so dependant on other countries for oil either now would we.. .

the difference between a "developer" and an "enviormentalist" is the "developer " wants to build a house in the woods.. the "eviornmentalist" already has a house in the woods!

kubaya ah this m****f***er

ps .. just in a weird mood .. sorry to clog a serious discussion thread
:rofl

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »
that is funny :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 10:13:35 AM »
funny and... on the mark..

Most "zero growth" types allready live where they want to live.  They don't want regulations for themselves... they want to regulate everyone else.

The "I got mine so now is the time to stop the madness" syndrome.  

they don't want someone to build a home and block their view.

lazs

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »
"Oh Jeffrey...isn't the view from this mountain of the unspoilt wilderness below simply breathtaking?"

"Yes, Pamela...aren't you glad we've bought our own little share of this bit of  heaven?"

"Oh yes, my love!  I think the 8,000 square foot multi-story log-cabin will fit in quite nicely here...if we can acquire the neighboring acreage to prevent someone else from desecrating the pristine scene around us."

"Of course, we'll have to put up a fence constructed of environmentally-friendly materials to prevent the local wildlife from devastating the zinias in our beautifully manicured lawn...but we must all do what we can to preserve the essence of the wild."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
Shickins,

Right on target. A beautiful example of the NIMBY "green" crowd.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl :aok
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown