Author Topic: RangerSounds v1.2 Soundpack  (Read 124725 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
RangerSounds v1.2 Soundpack
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »
Hmm, try it without deleting your cache.  If you did exactly what you posted here, it should be working fine.  That is the correct procedure for installing a sound pack.  Try again, let me know & we'll go from there.  We'll get er working.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
USRanger, I did get it working.  Im not exactly sure how I did it either lol.  I did find a sounds folder  in htc, then towards the bottom there was another sounds thingiemabob.  I did rename that and it got quiet and no sound at all so i figured that had something to do with the sounds.  I ended figuring out, I believe I transferred an empty folder somehow that I thought had the unzipped files to the htc folder.  After doing it a few times I got it going.  

Now, dagnabbit, I have to learn what everything sounds like, as for years and years I used stock sound:D

Thanks and I am glad that you took your time to answer all the questions in this thread and also the time it took to develop and package the sounds in the first place

Ron
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »
Just rename the old sound folder and store that old AH sound folder in my documents or some where else. Never put it on your desktop or AH will not load up & start correctly. Other wise you will get a error problem and close down. Moving the old AH sound folder will also separate the link to the sounds in the  AH folder. This way the old sound folder will not be used. And U.S. Rangers sound folder will be the only sound folder available to be recognized and link too in the AH folder.

Great job on the new sounds U.S. Ranger allot of the 79th Fighter Group members like. - GGhost :aok
Currently not flying

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
NICE Ranger
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »
Man you guys have lots of work in that sir!:aok
Great sounding selections... nix "mix"
Appreciate the work... :D

Offline cutter56

• Zinc Member
      • www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2
New Sounds
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »
Man I loved the sounds you came up with a few months ago. For some reason I can;t get these to open. Can you help???

Cutter56
Good Hunting from
Brigadier General Cutter 56 Bomber Commander & Information Officer for the SwampDragons  http://www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2

Offline cutter56

• Zinc Member
      • www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2
lets see if this works
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2007, 11:23:35 AM »
okay
Good Hunting from
Brigadier General Cutter 56 Bomber Commander & Information Officer for the SwampDragons  http://www.wix.com/Swampdragons/SwampdragonsAH2

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:36 AM »
You good then?
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »
HeHe well after almost fully downloading the May 2007 sounds from the first forum  link, i realized while surfing thru the replies when i found ur 2nd link i was dling the wrong one...... so now im dling the right one, will give eval post in a bit, but from what my squadies say and from all the other posts, sounds like a killer snd pack!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
Thx Outbreak, I'm gonna have to get ahold of Skuzzy & see if he can replace that 1st link with the new one found on page 4 of this thread.  Hopefully that will solve any problem for someone in the future.  Thanx for pointing it out.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »
The soundpack is excellent... except for one thing can someone tell me what file is causing that music to play every few minutes? It's driving me nutz and I want to change it.  I've tried most of the wav files that look like they might be it by the file name, but no luck :(
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
warning.  There's others to choose from.  Just make sure the one you want to use is called warning, or, you can delete it and use default.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »
Thanx Ranger, I thought I had tried that one, guess not LOL.
Again, nice work on the soundpack, than you :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2008, 02:51:02 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Thx Outbreak, I'm gonna have to get ahold of Skuzzy & see if he can replace that 1st link with the new one found on page 4 of this thread.  Hopefully that will solve any problem for someone in the future.  Thanx for pointing it out.

DOH!! I downloaded the one on the first page, that one is great. Guess I'll have to load the new one tonight. :aok

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »
The link in my signature is to the newest version also.  Page 4 of this thread is where you'd find the same link and details from the last update.  I should have the P-39 sounds ready soon after it's release, but will probably be a separate download.

I was looking at all the explosion sounds I've collected and/or made over the years and I think I might put out an Explosion Pack as well for people to have & use.  Probably somewhere around 30-40 explosion sounds.

☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Flozer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 04:02:57 AM »
Nice sound Pack!
wondering what was that music, and after getting shot, knew that it was the warning ;)

Ty Ranger!