Author Topic: RangerSounds v1.2 Soundpack  (Read 124637 times)

Offline LBurke6652

• Zinc Member
Re: RangerSounds v1.2 Soundpack
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »
Ranger, I downloaded your soundpack today.  What a difference!  Its like going from black-and-white TV to color!

I have a few questions.  Some of your sounds have multiple choices to pick from (for example, "check 6" has seven).  If I want to use one of the sounds other than the one that plays, how do I select one of the other choices?

If I find I prefer one of the game default sounds to your sound, how do I deselect your sound and replace it with the default sound (I kept the "Old sounds" file in My Documents, out of the game; didn't delete it)?

If I find I prefer a sound in one of the other soundpacks--I just downloaded Waffle's soundpack--how do I select that sound to take priority over yours?

Keep up the excellent work.  I'll be watching for updates.

Kingbird

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »
Ranger, I downloaded your soundpack today.  What a difference!  Its like going from black-and-white TV to color!

I have a few questions.  Some of your sounds have multiple choices to pick from (for example, "check 6" has seven).  If I want to use one of the sounds other than the one that plays, how do I select one of the other choices?

rename the original check six to check6g then the check six you want, just rename plain old check6

If I find I prefer one of the game default sounds to your sound, how do I deselect your sound and replace it with the default sound (I kept the "Old sounds" file in My Documents, out of the game; didn't delete it)?

good move on not deleting it. take the sounds you want out of the old file and replace them with the ones you want to replace them with... but before you do that rename the files you are replacing to something else and put in your old file folder..

If I find I prefer a sound in one of the other soundpacks--I just downloaded Waffle's soundpack--how do I select that sound to take priority over yours?

see above...

Keep up the excellent work.  I'll be watching for updates.

Kingbird

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »
To go back to a default sound, simply rename or delete the one from the soundpack.  If you want to keep the sound for future use, rename it.  Ex. 20mmX instead of 20mm.  The names for the sounds are the same in all the soundpacks, so you can mix & match to your hearts content.  Quite a few players do that.  It's all a matter of personal taste.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline LBurke6652

• Zinc Member
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
Thanks, Ranger. :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »
Haven't worked on this in awhile (though it's still current).  I'm waiting to see what we get with the new AH update.  In the meantime, I think I'm gonna make some "expansion packs" full of things like various explosions, check6s, music & such to people can customize their sounds to fit their taste even more.  I'll probably have the explosion pack done in a few days or so.  So, if interested, keep an eye out.

:salute
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Hey USranger.  I have been using your sounds from the begining. Thank you.  I have a question.
I was wanting my mustang 50 cals to sound a lil better. I looked for the file name 50 cals and could not find it.
I know how to substitute sounds for other ones. Just cant seem to find the 50 call sound in the pak..
Please tell me how to find it, and if so what would be a good sub for the 50.
Ps. We all know the 50's dont hit as hard but at least i could make them sound like they do,lol.. Thanks Tuk151 CO 13MPG.. :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »
TUK,  I updated the .50 cal sounds awhile back.  Not sure if you have these or the previous, but here it is.  The .50 cal sound is called M2.  If you have the older ones, download these M2 files and paste them in your Sounds folder.  Go through your plane sound folders and if there are old M2 files in them, delete them.  They don't need to be in the individual sound folders unless you want a "special" gun sound for that specific plane.  Try it out and see what you think.  This will be another expansion pack I'm gonna do, different mg sounds for people to play around with to suit their tastes, but this is the .50 sound I use right now.

50 cal
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2009, 12:53:11 PM »
TY UsRanger.. Will play with it a bit...  TUK151 :rock
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »
i downloaded and it comes up as sounds.zip-winRAR? do i have to paste them all into a folder or something? sorry i'm computer stupid

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »
Wnen you unzip it, the soundpack folder will be called Sounds.  Simply replace your old default Sounds folder with this one.  All there is to it. :aok
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2009, 11:14:03 AM »
Hey there Ranger, <S> Bro.

Well finally got around to downloading your sound package, and  :aok WTG! Bro.  Probably going to have the rest of the squad do the same.

I like where you have given choice to different sound versions of a varity of sounds, ie. different check 6's, 30 cals, etc.  Tried reading through this thread to find answers, but by the time I got to page 7.....he he....said to hell with that (lol).

When I come across a sound that I want to default to, ie.  choosing which "Check 6" call I want to use....how do I make it default (or how do I choose it?).  My level of language please........me be no computer smart  :D

Anyways, well done Bro...... :rock

<S>
Rokit
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:15:50 AM by SWrokit »
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: RangerSounds v2.1 Soundpack
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »
Make sure the check6 sound you want is named check6.  If you want to keep other check6s in the folder for future use, just make sure they are not named check6.  Name them anything else, like check6x, check62, etc.  The game only looks for the sound named check6.  Be on the look out for more sound choice mini-packs coming soon.  I hoped to have the explosion pack out already, but some offline mission projects have held it up briefly.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2009, 03:41:45 PM »
Rgr that Ranger, thanks.

So whenever there's a choice, as long as it's named what HTC looks for it becomes default sound.  Got it, even a dweeb like me can follow that  :D

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
The P-39, Wirble & Sdk251 sounds are in a separate mini-pack:

P39/Wirb/SDk Sounds

Unzip it and inside you will see a folder for each of the three.  Take each of these folders and drop them into your Sounds folder.  All done.  They are installed.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline rapp25

• Copper Member
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »
The P-39, Wirble & Sdk251 sounds are in a separate mini-pack:

P39/Wirb/SDk Sounds

Unzip it and inside you will see a folder for each of the three.  Take each of these folders and drop them into your Sounds folder.  All done.  They are installed.

Nice ranger thank you.