Author Topic: Noobie Here  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
TheBum, welcome to your new addiction.

The learning curve is steep, but worth the time.

And be sure to check out the other arenas from time to time as well as the Main. :)

Welcome to AH!
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2006, 02:46:17 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
but are generally a good lot.

me included?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Noobie Here
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2006, 03:29:35 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
me included?

Youre the bad apple :D.

Bum, welcome to AH! Dont let the bumpy start fool you. Generally this is a rather nice community.

Check out the Help&Training forum. Do a search for "Joystick" - youll find lots of tips on how to choose one.

In case noone has said it yet: RTFM and http://www.netaces.org really help a *ton* if you plan on staying longer then a few hours. AH has a steep learning curve, but this also make the game what it is. Ive been here two years, still learning something new every time i log on.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Noobie Here
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
Originally posted by Panzzer
TheBum, welcome to your new addiction.

The learning curve is steep, but worth the time.

And be sure to check out the other arenas from time to time as well as the Main. :)

Welcome to AH!

Yes, very steep curve. I am just starting to land kills regularly in my Emil. Its hard. But once you see your name in lights... its worth it!

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »
But once you see your name in lights... its worth it!

It's not about the kills.it's about the FUN you have.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2006, 05:25:08 PM »
Is Revor gone now can I take off this foil hat?
:noid

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2006, 05:32:35 PM »
Bum are you sure your not Revor:noid
If you are not Revor then:aok  If you are then:furious
Anyways I will go with your not. go out and buy yourself an inexpensive twisty stick or something like that and see if you like it. This game has a huge learning curve, but it can be very rewarding to those that are dedicated in improving their abillities. Oh did I mention it is fun. Their is great core of trainers and very helpful people in this community. As far as squads go. Don't worry about that for now. Just log on and have a good time. If if see ya out their I'll help you anyway I can.;)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »
hey Bum...

like everybody said you got caught up in some drama that's not of your making.  This really IS a decent group of folks for the most part.

It's all good.. just keep plugging away.  Most importantly as I said in the other thread read the help forum and check out netaces.org for really good advice on what to do.

I've only been here a short while but I'll be happy to offer any pointers I have.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2006, 06:00:51 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Picking up on a comment you made in the other thread (I've only just read both), I would mention one thing. You don't need to plunk down $100+ for a stick/throttle combo, if you don't have one. I've been flying since AH1 came out on cheap sticks. Just stay away from gravis, and Logitech, and you should be fine. My $20.00 MS analog Precision Pro has served me well.

Do I dream of better sticks? Heck yes!! But I can get along with this just fine.

Get something cheap that can last a year or two. Make sure you're going to stick with AH (I'm sure you will) before spending mucho deniro* on gear.

* = spelling?

so shelling out $100 on CH pedals after a month is a bad idea?  DANGIT!!!! ;)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
But once you see your name in lights... its worth it!

Hard for me. I always squelch the kill messages. Not my reason for playing and I don't care if somebody vulched/ picked somebody else. Plus the .squelch 6 command keeps the radio chatter from scrolling off so fast.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Re: Noobie Here
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
Originally posted by BumInABox
Hey people. Dont know if this is the proper place to put this, but Im a new guy to Aces High. Saw a commercial for it on the Military Channel and had to go OOOH OOOH. I imediately went over too my computer and signed up and here I am...

1.  Get rid of your real friends, they are irrelivant now.

2.  You are lucky you don't have a house cause you would have to give it to your wife after the divorce.

3.  Sleep is a thing of the past.

4.  You will develop peculiar driving habits.  Serious cases even paint crosshairs on their windshield.

5.  Your communication habits will now include odd phrases such as Roger, salute, and check six.

6.  A final warning.  If you are ever tempted to buy lether underwear, stop playing the game for a while, you need a break.

Welcome to the game.

Be sure to check out the special events arena.  http://www.ahevents.org

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by SwS
Dichotomy what part of Texas are you from?

The thriving metropolis that is Arlington :)

you?

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Noobie Here
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2006, 07:33:27 PM »
bum is i

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Noobie Here
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by TracerX

4.  You will develop peculiar driving habits.  Serious cases even paint crosshairs on their windshield.

Or "Kill markings" of rabbits, deer, and squirrles on the door :D

(Seriously, where the hell can I find some of those?)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Noobie Here
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2006, 07:55:24 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
Or "Kill markings" of rabbits, deer, and squirrles on the door :D

(Seriously, where the hell can I find some of those?)

Your local sign shop will probably sell you adhesive vinyl material they use for vehicle signage. I think I paid between 3 and 5 bucks per linear foot. Having them use the funky cutting machine would simplify things, but I just grabbed the Xacto and a pane of glass for a cutting board.

I'm up to 3 confirmed opossums, 1 squirrel, and I got a probable on a racoon during last night's sortie. The recon guys are going out this evening- If they find the wreckage, that's number 5, and you know what that means... Ace in the PETA War!

Oh, and welcome noobinabucket or whatever.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech