Author Topic: am i crazey or what??  (Read 505 times)

Offline CROrION

• Zinc Member
am i crazey or what??
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »
hi sorry for my bad english :D

ok this is my problem:
i cant take off with plane, i start the game, and i am in lane it turns him selfe on, auto pilot is on, i can shoot, but i can't fly, i just stand there. Can you help me?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »
Hi Cro!

No, youre not crazy. And your English is no worse then mine :).

First off, you need to set up your controller to fly. Either Joystick or Mouse - Joystick being the preferred choice. Even a cheap one will make things a lot easier then Mouse flying. Do a search for "Joystick" in this forum (search box at the bottom of forum page) if you want tips on what to get.

Now, when you got your controller set, you good to fly.

Spawn on the runway (as you already did). Then press E to start engine. Now throttle up to full - you should have throttle mapped to mouse wheel (if youre flying with mouse), Throttle lever (if your Joystick has one) or use the default keys (SHIFT = for full throttle). If you dont move your stick/mouse doing that, Autotakeoff will get in the air for you. It will leave you in autospeed climb.

If you prefer to take off manually, any movement on controller will switch off autotakeoff. (You can also disable it completely in OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > Flight). Every plane will have a tendency to turn at takeoff. Thats due to engine torque. Most planes will turn to the left (this depends on spin direction of prop) so you need to apply right rudder input to compensate. It also helps to lock your tailwheel by pulling back slightly on stick/mouse.

I recommend you take a look at the Help File (Support section on this board) and check out http://www.netaces.org for info on gamplay, how to use the radio, set up views etc etc. On Net Aces youll also find a one page Quick Reference to default keymap. Print that out and have it next to you on your desk. That will save you from remembering all the key commands at once.

Practice Takeoff, flying and landing offline (if you want to save up on your two week free trial) or in the Training Arena.

Welcome to AH!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 01:08:32 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline CROrION

• Zinc Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »
hey thanx i have some predator joystick with 4 botuns. it's not so bad, i'll give it a try

Offline CROrION

• Zinc Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »
it was too good to be truth

so i'm off and everithing is cool but my joystick is nat reacting, botuns are working but when i try to move my plane up, down, left, right nothing. (joystick is ok it works in other games)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »
you might need to map it..
open your clipboard
go to options
controllers
map controllers

it's pretty self explanitory from there :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 04:38:20 PM »
Originally posted by CROrION
it was too good to be truth

so i'm off and everithing is cool but my joystick is nat reacting, botuns are working but when i try to move my plane up, down, left, right nothing. (joystick is ok it works in other games)

After Mapping, leave the game and log back in. For some reason game doesnt recognise newly mapped Analog inputs until after relog.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 06:48:32 PM »
:O

that would explain a LOT of crashes yesterday

:lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Hi Cro!

No, youre not crazy. And your English is no worse then mine :).

First off, you need to set up your controller to fly. Either Joystick or Mouse - Joystick being the preferred choice. Even a cheap one will make things a lot easier then Mouse flying. Do a search for "Joystick" in this forum (search box at the bottom of forum page) if you want tips on what to get.

Now, when you got your controller set, you good to fly.

Spawn on the runway (as you already did). Then press E to start engine. Now throttle up to full - you should have throttle mapped to mouse wheel (if youre flying with mouse), Throttle lever (if your Joystick has one) or use the default keys (SHIFT = for full throttle). If you dont move your stick/mouse doing that, Autotakeoff will get in the air for you. It will leave you in autospeed climb.

If you prefer to take off manually, any movement on controller will switch off autotakeoff. (You can also disable it completely in OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > Flight). Every plane will have a tendency to turn at takeoff. Thats due to engine torque. Most planes will turn to the left (this depends on spin direction of prop) so you need to apply right rudder input to compensate. It also helps to lock your tailwheel by pulling back slightly on stick/mouse.

I recommend you take a look at the Help File (Support section on this board) and check out http://www.netaces.org for info on gamplay, how to use the radio, set up views etc etc. On Net Aces youll also find a one page Quick Reference to default keymap. Print that out and have it next to you on your desk. That will save you from remembering all the key commands at once.

Practice Takeoff, flying and landing offline (if you want to save up on your two week free trial) or in the Training Arena.

Welcome to AH!

Schatzi not only are you a great hurri mk1 pilot you are a great help to new folks on here.  I am sure HT is seeing more money per month due directly to you :)  Enough of the arse kissing....ever break 200 kills in a hurri mk1 in a month? ;)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 07:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
Schatzi not only are you a great hurri mk1 pilot you are a great help to new folks on here.  I am sure HT is seeing more money per month due directly to you :)  Enough of the arse kissing....ever break 200 kills in a hurri mk1 in a month? ;)

Hehe, thanks Mec :). Its nice to feel appreciated :).

Now back to business :D. No, 115 was my max... i suck, remember? But ive decided to ignore the people that told me i needed to fly a "better plane" and started to hop in my Mk1 a lot more recently. Gawd... i *missed* that plane :). Nothing like a fight like this one to explain my stats  - but oh was it fun. Edit: LMAO, i just watched that film in fixed view.... buahahhaha.

Another Edit for new players: That film doesnt show *smart* flying.... its not a recommended tactic. ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 07:37:12 PM by Schatzi »

Offline CROrION

• Zinc Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 02:15:33 AM »
still nothig :(

this is hoe it looks in my options

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 02:33:39 AM »
Click on X Axis (make sure it's black)

Click on Modify

Select Analog Inputs Roll (Aileron)

Press Ok

Click on Y Axis (make sure it's black)

Click on Modify

Select Analog Inputs Pitch (Elevator)

Click Ok

Once you have done this, make sure you press "OK" on the main clipboard (between Modify and Cancel).  This saves that setting.  If you don't hit "OK" it won't save, and it won't work.

Hope this helps,
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 04:53:42 AM »
Also note that the plane doesnt move when its sitting on the ground. If you move the joystick the elevators and ailorons move, you need to apply throttle, try full throttle, to get the plane moving and only then the airflow on the controll surfaces make your plane move when you move the joystick.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 05:40:46 AM »
If you click on OK in the "Select AH Function" Window, does it change the list so that "Analog inputs Roll" is noted next to the X-Axis item?

If not, check your game installment folder. It might be on "read only". AH then cant save any settings.

Also note that after mapping any Analog Input while in an online Arena, you need to leave the arena and come back before the mapping takes effect.

On another not: If you have Fire Primary and Fire Secondary, you dont really need the Fire All button. Its better to have a "Views Look Up" mapped to your stick as well. That way you can use the numpad to look around and be looking up at the same time (VERY important in a fight!). You need to be able to keep track of your enemy *all* the time.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
am i crazey or what??
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 06:44:43 AM »
When switching from a mouse to joystick, you need to press the "Default Map" button in the "Map Controllers" window to set the joystick defaults.  Then you can customize the joystick settings.

The reason for this is when you started Aces High II without a joystick, the game automatically made the mouse the defualt controller.  Adding a joystick afterwards, you just need to tell the game it will be the default.  By pressing the "Default Map" button, the game will remove the X/Y inputs from the mouse and assign them to the joystick.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com