Author Topic: Question on scenario squads and noseart.  (Read 847 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Question on scenario squads and noseart.
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »
This being my first scenario I have a question regarding squads and noseart.

I'm a FL and of course have to invite my people into my squad. Is there a provision for allowing different noseart in different arenas? I don't want any headaches form people in my scenario squad having to use my Main arena squad noseart. A specific scenario noseart would look much better not to mention my MA noseart looks out of place in the scenario.

I guess the simple fix is just load a different noseart but then my MA squad gets that if they fly on Saturday not to mention it would have to be approved by HTC and might be delayed and not  be able to use it anyway.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »
The squad you create is in the SEA is seperate and distinct from your MA(s) squad. And TA and DA for that matter. Therefore the noseart for each belongs to different squads.
Where the real dance starts is when you are a CO in FSO and a GL/FL in a scinario. Can be a head spinner.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:33:30 PM »
Not true, RSLQ... if you look inside your "squads" folder, you'll notice that all the squad art in there is labeled by players' names. The noseart does not belong to a specific squad; it belongs to whoever started that squad.

So if the same player starts a couple of different squads (using the same ID), he will only have 1 noseart for both.

You can change your artwork between events, but it takes a few days for approval.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 08:00:31 PM »
Oops. That's what reverse engineering gets me.

One way around it would be to have someone that is not a CO elsewhere start the squad and give you full privs. It's best to have 2 that have full  privileges anyway as stuff happens.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"