Author Topic: Hey Hitech  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
with morals and codes like, your childrens must be terrified to pick up that lucky penny on the ground.

;)

Chill, people.

The guy isnt screaming, and he's not laying awake in bed shivering in fear of supernatural punishment. He's not obsessing over it, and he's no pressure cooker waiting to blow up. I know him, and I 'm certain this is not a troll...no bait involved.

He asked if he could give back what he felt he didnt earn. He ASKED, that's it. If the answer's no, it cant be fixed, then he's gunna say "Fine, no big deal."

It's called integrity. It may seem odd in modern culture, but that says more about the culture than it does about Dichotomy.

And if you honestly think he's weird, then it says something about you.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
And if you honestly think he's weird, then it says something about you.

Well, to be honest, yeah, I do think that shooting down a plane and requesting that the kill be gifted to someone else is a bit odd, but this is probably the fault of this awful wargame which encourages you to kill others, and rewards you for doing so.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 10:15:36 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 10:15:42 AM »
It's called integrity.

No, it's not. I'm sorry Sim, I respect ya man but you got this one wrong.

Integrity would be saying "wow, I'm really sorry man I'll set you up for the next one to make up for it" or doing something else to the guy you allegedly stole the kill from.

This is attention whoring. There's no other reason to post such an obvious post. Yes it's one thing to set a good example. Then it's another thing to go too far. One might set the good example to be kind to animals, but one need not pray to God at night for forgiveness for stepping on 3 ants, 1 spider, and swatting 1 fly during the course of the day..

If he's trying to make a post telling people not to steal kills, that's one thing. Hiding it thusly inside an "innocent request" is just trolling. (that is, IF he was trying to make a post like that)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:09 AM »
to be read in an al swearengen voice.

well.  i wouldnt say that i am going overboard in my expression of awed
curiousity over the application of such moral dilema over something so cursory as a misappropriated kill in the bush leagues.

were we speaking of those brave men fighting for the top spot or even the first 20 and i would be tipping my hat to the gentleman for his honorable mention of said extra...and i would beg for forgiveness where it might make a mouse fart of a difference as opposed to such instances where it seems hardly cause for an extravaganza which precludes such timeless queries as assisted suicide or the death of one to save the whole of humanity.

its the moral turptitude and righteous managling that worries me for his children, as in my minds eye i see them shaking like tiny leaves at the slightest inequality in the fabric of thier daily lives.

perhaps that's just because i am a bit dramatic and tend to express myself using colorful metaphors and the like.

so by all means sir, feel free to ruminesce about the degrees of fairity in la la land while your poor children, bless thier hearts seek refuge with thier mother in the kitchen whilst you while away your age on this heck forsaken contraption.

further, i say that to you who would seek to disrepute my theatrical but true appraisal of the matter...

avoid the o'club at all costs.  

it's dog eat dog and moral pronouncements are what we call a bone.

:D

filed with love and a slap of cheap cologne i remain, sincerly yours,

this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 10:36:06 AM »
:huh  Umm.........yea.......it's a game.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
no I'm not at all concerned with my kill ratio.  I do check it to see how I'm doing and if I'm improving or not.  As I've said in a previous post I'm competing against me and I'd like to see my skill set improve but cheap kills or kill 'stealing' do not interest me and I'd like the ability to say 'nope not my kill'.  Sure a lot of people wouldn't utilize it because they care way too much about their score but I'd like mine to be honest when I check it and have the ability to say 'the dude was dead I just happened to ping him on the way down'.  Do I take the game seriously?  Yes in the way I play it.  Do I take honesty and honor seriously?  Yes I do.  If that makes me weird then I embrace weirdness.  Honesty, honor, and playing fair means something to me.  Even in an online game.  If you can't do it online then give it up in real life.
:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
One might set the good example to be kind to animals, but one need not pray to God at night for forgiveness for stepping on 3 ants, 1 spider, and swatting 1 fly during the course of the day..

Some religions require just that!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Hey Hitech
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »
Originally posted by nirvana
If you got the kill.....don't worry about it.  A kill's a kill.

DG and myself made 6 planes auger while they were chasing us through the trees..... you know what we did?

This-----> :huh

And then----->:rofl

Like you said, a kill is a kill.... people are too serious about this game. Next thing you know some clown will post about having hurt feelings for shooting down a goon!  :rolleyes:
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty

If he's trying to make a post telling people not to steal kills, that's one thing. Hiding it thusly inside an "innocent request" is just trolling. (that is, IF he was trying to make a post like that)

no Krusty you have it wrong.  Sim has it right.  By the way I never troll and don't play internet board games.  I've modded and admined way too many sites to annoy people with that kind of behavior.  And by the way I did apologize on vox to the guy I think should have gotten the kill.  Now I'm not saying nor do I expect everybody to be like me or play like me that would make the world and this game extremely boring.  

It was an honest question to which I've received a response.  So, the next time I see the guy I stole the kill from, I'll try to wing up with him and help him get a couple or at least keep the flies off his back for a little while.  If you look at my very laughable stats you'll understand why my score doesn't mean much to me but I understand why they may be important to someone else.  I was just attempting to the best of my ability to see if I could right what I perceived to be a wrong that I did.  You will never see or hear me moan, whine, or gripe, about the way somebody else plays this game including stealing my kills (ya my kills ha ha ho ho ;) ).  I'm only responsible for my behavior in here and in the 'air'.

PS 88 :lol :aok
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:02:29 AM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 11:01:17 AM »
At the risk of seeing the thread degenerate further towards the O Club...

Those of you who express "fear for the children" and talk about him stressing over "stepping on ants" are clearly guilty of stereotyping and prejudice (in the literal sense, "pre-judging").

He asked if he could give a kill back. PERIOD. You're right that this probably should have been an email, but he's a new guy...cut some slack there.

Most important, you know nothing of this man or how he lives. You dont know what he believes or what he tells his kids.

I have no idea if he's religious, or if he lives by the golden rule, or if he just says "do the right thing as you see it."

Neither do you. By acting as if you did, you're pre judging him and stereotyping him. I hope thats not the behavior in which you believe.

I'm out of this one now.....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »
Thanks Sim
Trust me I understand the flak it's just internet stuff that goes on on every board that has any noticable activity.  And everybody has the right to say what they want.  Doesn't affect me any if it comes from someone I don't know on an interpersonal level.

For the record I am NOT Revor :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »

I'm out of this one now.....

oooooooh no you're not...

you can't just come terpsin' into this discussion, lobbing accusations of people lobbing accusations and expect to get away with it without so much as a swift kick to the febal gray matter that is that average aces high participant.  

oh no.

you are still in it.  deeper than you'd like to be i gather by your lofty diatribe turned lazzais faire conversationalism.

that's right.

your deep in the doo doo mister and with that, i lob my own accusation and stereo type, thrice removed and lay claim that you sir are just a much a lobber of stereo types and accusations as the rest of us garden variety miscreates.

you just dont know it yet.

but we love you none the less.

:)

p.s. - glad you liked it dichotomy, just for you man.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:21:24 AM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
In my defense:

1) I never made a stereotype. I gave an example. I have no idea if he is religious and prays over squashed bugs -- it was an extreme example, and not to be used as a reference to anybody's religion.

2) Sure you just asked a question, but something in the way you posted had the feeling of a troll. It's not that it was trolling, it was... how do I describe it? Not tongue in cheek... but more ... "preachy" almost. It could be that I'm mistaken. There seemed to almost be an insincere quality to it.

Seeing as this was probably not a troll I do retract my earlier comment about bait. Hopefully no hard feelings, Dichotomy.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »
none taken Krusty... you're a goodstrong in my book :aok

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Hey Hitech
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
i have a case of man-love for al swearenger.:D