Author Topic: Everyone should get ready for Combat Tour to come out soon . . .  (Read 648 times)

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
Everyone should get ready for Combat Tour to come out soon . . .
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »
because I just upgraded my system and my joy sticks no longer work.

I have an FLCS/TQS combo that has served me well for years, but for some reason, on my new motherboard, when I plug the keyboard cable from the FLCS  , the mouse, keyboard and buttons on the stick stop working.

Looks like I'm sidelined until I can scrape up enough money to buy a new flight system.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
What will come first...

US Army in ww2online

or

Combat Tour

We will know in two weeks:lol

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Re: Everyone should get ready for Combat Tour to come out soon . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »
Originally posted by Ouch

I have an FLCS/TQS combo that has served me well for years, but for some reason, on my new motherboard, when I plug the keyboard cable from the FLCS  , the mouse, keyboard and buttons on the stick stop working.

Looks like I'm sidelined until I can scrape up enough money to buy a new flight system.

I did a simple Google and found these threads. Hope It helps. If Not I have a Saitek ST 290 New.. well, used 2 times max in the Box I could ship you.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1337465&posted=1#post1337465

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Everyone should get ready for Combat Tour to come out soon . . .
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »
Originally posted by Ouch

The problem comes from not enough voltage running through the keyboard any more. I think the newer boards send more of the voltage to the USB ports which are more widley used these days.

I had the same problem with my old CH stick and throttle. They were analog and used the keyboard emulation too. When I upgraded my mobo they would drop out  :(

After mopping around the house for a few days the wife OKed a new USB ch stick and throttle. :)

Practice your mopping  :D

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
ouch
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »
This happened to me, turns out the MB was overdriving the USB bus and burning out controlers.

Try them on a different PC and see if they work, if they dont, I bet you have the same issue.

Not sure of a fix for it, but a squadie is gonna fun a bios check for me to see it a setting is off.

If not I gotta get a new MB and all should be ok, if not, then I assume it is the Power Supply.

Good Luck

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
Skernsk, my money is on AW Millenium.

~AoM~

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 05:48:07 AM »
Combat Tour... :lol :lol :cry :cry :rofl :rofl

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."