Author Topic: Future ideas brainstorm  (Read 3147 times)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Future ideas brainstorm
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 03:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Somebody mentioned Pearl in the Downfall forum. I'll post what I posted there here as well.

How can you get a full scenario out of Pearl? It's a 1-time short-span sneak attack. There's just no way the allies will have anything to do, and there's no way the japanese will have anything to do outside of the 1 frame.

For it to be a scenario, it has to be 2-ways, methinks.

Alernative History:  

What would have happened if Japanese had decided to launch additional sorties to take out the fuel depots and drydocks?  Would have kept America from taking offensive with wide spread sub operations and many of the ships brought up from the bottom of the harbor would have not been back in service any where as soon as they were.  Guadacanal would have been lost, possibly Midway before America could get their feet under them again.  Might have cut the link to Australia.

Or had they decided to really go for broke and occupy the island, thinking that many of the Japanese Americans would join them?  It would have been a bloodbath for both sides, but a sizable relief force from the Atlantic would have taken forever to get there.  They might have caught the U.S. Carriers attempting to relieve Pearl.  With all airfields capped, fleet sunk, and complete air cover to help advance landing forces, they could have occupied and continued to bomb and strafe the population until they surrendered.  

Would have took 2 or 3 move CV's plus a large landing force and fleet resupply train.

In either case, as a senerio, the Allies would be at a very big disadvantage in planes and resources, but all they need to really do is prevent the total destruction of Pearl or a successful landing foothold on the island.  This would probably be a large senerio with multiple lives.... 3 per hour maximum maybe? Or a fixed number of lives.  To represent the huge numbers.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Future ideas brainstorm
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:48 PM »
I'd be up for a D-Day Senerio I suppose.  Do you line the beach with many map rooms and have the LTV's disgorge them at the shoreline?  

If fact, many map rooms would be the key to a D-Day run..... many small fields and bases as close to each other as you could get them..... landing forces troops.  The paratroopers inland.

Such a senerio would be a GV'ers dream come true.  Lot's of GV's, ground guns, heavy ack.  Have to be a mnay-life senerio.....they would die in droves along the shoreline.

Allied pilots would spend alot of time strafing ground targets.  Cruiser guns in heavy use.  Limited bomber use....weather was not good for buffs during the invasion, but JABOS would be in.  Limited Axis fighter cover, but more in the game than was actually seen over Normandy.  Not a senerio for everybody, but a change from the normal.

I think a major fighter/attack plane/GV senerio for North Africa should be done as well.  Get those desert skins on boys!  Wide open... massive GV tank forces..... dogfighting over the desert.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Future ideas brainstorm
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 04:29:38 PM »
Any D-Day scenario wouldn't actually be ON the beach. It would be in the air behind the beaches. Maybe have something like C47s dropping supplies to troops that have already landed, and 190s intercepting them? P47s strafing trains, jabo'ing strats, etc.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Future ideas brainstorm
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 07:07:30 AM »

We did a Midway one not too long before Battle of Britain did we not?  

Is ther a Miday map available for downloading. I would really like to have it.

I like the idea of doing a Scenario of the Battle of Midway.  Especially the fact that it would have clear objectives.  The Japanse forces must capture Midway in order to win.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.