Author Topic: Prototype Planes  (Read 311 times)

Offline bzek74

• Copper Member
Prototype Planes
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »
How about planes and gvs that actually worked but didnt make it into combat for mad perks. Example Tiger 1 = 30-100 perks average
Tiger 2 set at 200-400
Maus 500-600

Would give a lil more flavor lots of firepower and at the cost would make players think things through before taking something out. I mean we can wing spits with 109's already experimental crafts could make things just that more interesting.

90prf

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Prototype Planes
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
It is hard enough to get data on production models.  Prototypes would be nigh impossible to model in most cases.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Prototype Planes
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »
Agree, Karnak.  One point that doesn't always get considered when players make requests is the availability of performce data.  One of the hallmarks of AH is it's attention to flight model fidelity.  One of the factors HTC considers when selecting new planes/vehicles to add is the quantity and quality of performance data available.  Anecdotal information is simply not good enough to build a high fidelity flight model from.  Data on prototype weapons is skimpy to non-existant, particularly late-war Axis stuff.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Prototype Planes
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »
If you want a dodgy game wherein "almost made it" aircraft rule the sky, then I strongly recommend the IL-2 series, especially with the latest "1946" add-on.