Author Topic: Fantasy Prive Forum  (Read 526 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
Is there any way to open a private forum on the AH BB for the AH fantasy league?  We have a message board on foxsports, but I feel we would have a lot more dialogue if we could open a forum on this bbs...is it possible?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:16:26 PM »
Whats a fantasy league?

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
Just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 02:32:43 PM »
Ahh Football..heh.. Well at least they aint throwing darts at each other yelling "THUNDER BOLT".

:D

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:36:23 PM »
Hardy har har...  

It's a mock football team where you draft QB's, RB, WR's, TE's, Kickers and a defense...You compete against others in the league, and you get points based on how your player's do in the actual game...

The AH league is just for fun, but im also doing a suicide pool...$50 buy in, and there are 64 people in...$3200 pay out!  Each week you pick a team to win...No under/over, no points...just win...Once you pick a team, you can no longer pick them throughout the regular season....  Last year I got to week 12, and the winner won on week 14!  this year im going all the way!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Hardy har har...  

It's a mock football team where you draft QB's, RB, WR's, TE's, Kickers and a defense...You compete against others in the league, and you get points based on how your player's do in the actual game...

The AH league is just for fun, but im also doing a suicide pool...$50 buy in, and there are 64 people in...$3200 pay out!  Each week you pick a team to win...No under/over, no points...just win...Once you pick a team, you can no longer pick them throughout the regular season....  Last year I got to week 12, and the winner won on week 14!  this year im going all the way!

Games and cash, that sounds interesting.  Too bad i know nothing about football.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 02:25:13 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
Just a bunch of armchair quarterbacks

Ya know ripper... When you consider that a lot of us are "Arm Chair Aces", thats a bit like the pot calling the kettle black aint it ...?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 09:17:32 AM »
There was a Bud Light (or was it Miller?) radio commercial where they do the dialogue and the singing after every sentence. It was something along these lines:

Here's to you, Mr. Fantasy Football Team Manager

You have the skill it takes to run fantasy football team.

That skill is the total lack of any other skill required to actually play the game.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy a [fill in the beer name here].

^-- something along those lines.

I don't think this has ANYthing remotely to do with AH. There are a bajillion forums and services elsewhere. Please use one of them.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
We asked for a hobowars forum to keep from cluttering up the o'club. Didnt get one and to be honest even with over 1,000 posts in the thread theres no real problems.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:38:07 AM »
Are these legal?

~AoM~

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
There was a Bud Light (or was it Miller?) radio commercial where they do the dialogue and the singing after every sentence. It was something along these lines:

Here's to you, Mr. Fantasy Football Team Manager

You have the skill it takes to run fantasy football team.

That skill is the total lack of any other skill required to actually play the game.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy a [fill in the beer name here].

^-- something along those lines.

I don't think this has ANYthing remotely to do with AH. There are a bajillion forums and services elsewhere. Please use one of them.

Screw that!  Started playing pop warner at 9 years old...Captain of my freshmen team, and started Monster Back (Varsity) Junior and Senior year!  Old Cav was pretty damn good at football...but not good enough for college...=(  Thats why I played rugby =)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 12:43:39 PM »
Even so, it was a funny commercial. My first thought was "Now, that's unfair!" and my second was "Hahahaha!"

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »
Anyone see the ESPN fantasy commercials???  Theres a guy new to the fantasy world, and a "friend" gives him some advice..."Yea...Make sure you get a kicked and tight end's first!...dont worry about QB's or running backs, they will always be there, but the kickers and tight ends fill up fast!"  ...."Your friends a genius huh?"

lmao
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fantasy Prive Forum
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »
haven't seen that one :lol