Author Topic: August KOTH results.  (Read 1516 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
August KOTH results.
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:35 PM »
August FriKOTH results.

FriKOTH of August was one to remember! It lasted 3 1/2 hours with just under 20 participants.
Going to round #14 there were no less than five Wabbits and we had six people win their first KOTH match.
Round #14 was a wabid Wabbit fight with the 'last four' all being Wabbits going for the title.
The first time KOTHers were Barrell, goldelks, JimBeam, Krypto, MacMAW and Revor. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did hosting.
I'd like to thank the players also and give them a
We had a few go over that pesky 6k altitude during the fight and they 'Towered out' promptly with no squabbling.
Sportsmanship and sportswomanship like that make the event a pleasure to host.
I even managed not to leave KS on, even though I came close a few times :)

Congratulations and WMLute for the win! Back to back victories also, very nice.
And no wetrat, we didn't let him win, or you can't blame me... I didn't fly at all.
And yes, WMLute chose the D3A1 'Val' again for September's first crate. It's deja vu all over again.
The Results:
[list=1]
  • WMLute in a D3A1
  • Krypto in a Ju 87D-3   (First KOTH match win )
  • WMLute in a F4U-1D   (Wabbit)
  • JimBeam in a Me 262A-1   (First KOTH match win )
  • piterkO in a C.202
  • goldelks in a A6M2   (First KOTH match win )
  • Krypto in a Tempest   (Wabbit)
  • Revor in a A-20G   (First KOTH match win )
  • Waffle in a Bf 109G-2   (First KOTH match win )
  • lucine in a Mosquito Mk VI
  • piterkO in a P-40B   (Wabbit)
  • Waffle in a Hurricane Mk1   (Wabbit)
  • Revor in a A6M2   (Wabbit)
  • WMLute wins it in a Ki-84-Ia
  • [/list=1]
    TOC invitations will be reserved for:
    KOTH- WMLute
    Wabbits- Krypto, piterkO, Waffle and Revor.

If you want to be added to the KOTH mailing list, send a request to AHKoth-subscribe @ Topica.com  .
    It's
easy to join and even easier to withdraw from it.

Thanks for attending and spread the word about it.
Dave 'fuzeman' Klopfer
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
August KOTH results.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:01:22 AM »
Wow, sounds like you all had a blast. Now im really sorry i missed it!

Congrats to all the Winners! >S<
21 is only half the truth.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
the fact that you denied it before I said anything simply confirms my belief that you all let lute win.
Army of Muppets

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
the fact that you denied it before I said anything simply confirms my belief that you all let lute win.

Yep, I confess!! No need for the comfy chair.

I did use the .winitall WMLute command after his second match win ensuring  his victory.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
August KOTH results.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »
Congrats Lute, glad you prevailed in this one, seriously......

this last Friday KOTH.......which was full of crackshot HO artist might I add.......

I was in a fight with this new person ( new to me anyways had never seen him before) we will refer to him as "popcorn".......well from the get go this guy had the smack down, always I did this because I am better atitude....

during the turn fight he comes in with advantage, I quickly reverse it on him and started gaining angles, he breaks off and runs, calmly telling me over vox, I was gaining on you and could have shot you down but I extended, well his extending was because he did not have the ability to manuever for angles, so he extends and yep you guessed it, revs for the HO train..does this for about 6 extends/HO merges...avoiding them are easy most times, but some of these people practice nothing but the HO tactic, or 90% of the time practice this, I took an oil hit then a pilot wound...all because he could have kilt me in the manuevering but decided to break off and reverse for 6+ HO attempts......

then another HO artist, one that has caught alot of flack lately on this board comes in, does the quick pull trigger HO, pull trigger HO, routine and yep I was rusty shot down in flames again..........well I throw out my idolized & quoted "WTG HO Boy" congrats to him to just make him ill thinking I was mad or sumtin, I admire how much these profound ACES of THE HO Sky, have practiced so hard to make this tactic work for them

it truly made this last KOTH an unique experience, not in a good way either....

where 4 of the rounds won if not more were from these self proclaimed HO artist.........here's to you the almighty HO Boys WTG ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 01:06:31 PM »
TC, I can see where that would have made for a unexciting event.
It seems the MA attitude is slipping into other arenas more and more.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
TC, I can see where that would have made for a unexciting event.
It seems the MA attitude is slipping into other arenas more and more.
indeed.. you may have noticed my absence ;) gonna try to make satkoth this week tho
Army of Muppets

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
indeed.. you may have noticed my absence ;) gonna try to make satkoth this week tho

You show up, and I might have to fly a round or three.  ESPECIALLY if ya' get wabbit status.

TC.

I have typed out twice now a full page response to your post.  I have decided to not post my full thoughts / feelings for many reasons.  BUT...

I hear ya' brother.  

The GOOD news is if those pilot's who do nothing but HO keep comin' back and flying KOTH, they are going to learn ACM.  Eventually they will learn how worthless HO and run is in a setting like King of the Hill.

What I got a kick out of was a pilot (not to be named) who complained how each and every round they had an oil hit.  The GOT those oil hit's trading HO's with other players.  THAT should be a lesson to future KOTH winner hopefuls.  Sure you can win a fight in a ho, but odds are you gonna get damaged as well, and it is durn near impossible to win a round, let alone the whole KOTH if you are letting yourself get shotup like that.  

They will learn eventually (I hope).
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
August KOTH results.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 12:14:21 AM »
Gratz Lute!

Been trying to get back to KoTH for months now...  I have moved into my new house, it's not 100% but is getting better everyday...  Last week my puter died, go figure :(.  Got a new system coming Monday or Tuesday (yeah), just in time to miss KoTH (booo).

CYasUp soon!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
August SatKOTH results.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »
SatKOTH of August was also one to remember, more so on a personal note but I digress.
It lasted over 3 hours and had over 20 participants. Similar to FriKOTH we had five Wabbits trying to win in round #13.
Congratulations and WMLute for the win! Another for winning both of August's KOTHs. I guess September will be Val month as WMLute predictably chose the D3A1 'Val' for September's first ride.
The Results:
[list=1]
  • SkyRock in a P-38J
  • ElevenK in a F4U-1
  • ElevenK in a Bf 109K-4   (Wabbit)
  • kappa in a La-5FN
  • BluKitty in a C.202
  • xNOVAx in a F4U-4
  • fuzeman in a P-47D-11
  • fuzeman in a Yak-9U   (Wabbit)
  • BluKitty in a Hurricane MkI   (Wabbit)
  • WMLute in a Spitfire MkIX
  • xNOVAx in a D3A1 'Val'   (Wabbit)
  • WMLute in a Ki-61-I-KAIc   (Wabbit)
  • WMLute wins in a F6F-5
  • [/list=1]
    TOC invitations will be reserved for:
    KOTH- WMLute
    Wabbits- ElevenK, fuzeman, BluKitty and xNOVAx.

If you want to be added to the KOTH mailing list, send a request to AHKoth-subscribe @ Topica.com  .
    It's
easy to join and even easier to withdraw from it.

Thanks for attending and spread the word about it.
Dave 'fuzeman' Klopfer

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 01:03:56 PM »
you let him win AGAIN?:t almost woulda been worth re-upping the 14.95 just to prevent such an atrocity :furious
Army of Muppets

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
August KOTH results.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 02:24:18 PM »
you let him win AGAIN?:t almost woulda been worth re-upping the 14.95 just to prevent such an atrocity :furious

ROFL after the Sat. KOTH me and fuzeman were chucklin' over you throwing a fit that I won again.

Also.....

WAY TO GO fuzeman for the Tourney O' Champions Invite!!!!!!!

I guess we gota get Gremlin out of retirment to run the TOC, or maybe i'll train up a CM to do it for us.  (just noticed BigMax has a TOC invite)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 03:18:42 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit