Author Topic: AAR on Friday night in the DA (Maybe we could get a CM in the future?)  (Read 424 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
At 5PM eastern I logged into DA.  Some that read the post on the BBS came.

The time was 5PM so that Europlayers could come at a somewhat reasonable hour.  And was posted that 5PM was the start and that those who wished to participate could trickle in during the evening.

Some of those that participated (bad memory) Schatzi in the Hurri1 (that lady can fly well!) Shamus, lazs, Dichotomy (sorry spelling) MaX, another of my squaddies that I have forgotten (hungover) and others that I apologize don't remember at this time.

We had up to 12 involved 6 on 6.  Earlier when there were 6 of us we split into sides of 3.  We did one on ones with no interuption.  It was fun!
Countrymates called off others so as to not interfere with the fight.  Countrymates obliged and got into 1 on 1s in the immediate vicinity.

Planes used: 109E and F, La5, F4U1 and F4UD, FM2, F4F and F6F, P38G
no FWs, no N1Ks , no La7s, no P51Ds but B's were fine' P47D11, Zeros both models, both P40s, Ki61....no Ki84....NO BOMBERS!  We basically tried to keep it mid to early war rides.  Even the planeset so to speak.

Alt was at a 10K Cap.  You went over you were out of the fight and could rtb clear.  If you went over and came back down you were like a wide receiver in football who goes out of bounds and re enters the field of play.  You're out of the fight...period.

Early on we had some people who either didn't know the rules of the fight taking place between 29 and 30 or they decided to ignore them.  They flew 262s and 163s but fortunately they didn't stay long.

Consensus amongst those that attended that it was truly fun.  I enjoyed myself and so did most that I've talked with since and during the fight.
I do hope that in the future we can do this on a more regular basis.  We'd like to get more involved in this.  This is not about score...there is none.  It's about teaching and learning and just having a good time!

Hopefully in the future...if we can do this regularly we might have a CM volunteer to keep the rules adhered to while we are playing.  Sort of Black Flag any intentional or unintentional offenders.

All in all it was great fun...for me anyway.  Hope the others that attended had the same feeling.  If you did let's publicize this and get this going on a regular basis.  I'll forego the MA for this...and I'm sure others might do so as well.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:26:30 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
AAR on Friday night in the DA Maybe we could get a CM in the future?)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 06:37:19 AM »
And well have fun fun fun......

Had a great time there Hajo. Especially that fight where you handed me a PW early on and we both ended in the tress at the same time. Very nice PG driving on your part!

I hope this "event" wasnt a one timer.

How about we just turn A29/A30 into a meeting place like the old DA? Anyone fighting there tunes radio 229 - even the teams and plane choice is gentlemans rule.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »
Sounds good to me:aok
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 09:47:29 AM »
I'm solidly 100% IN.  

Just let me know what times and I'll be there in a spit I until BOB starts.  Then I'll transition to other early war rides.  

Again.. GREAT idea Hajo
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 09:50:36 AM by Dichotomy »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 12:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Just let me know what times ....

My idea wouldve been not to make it set times, but a fluent thing.... whoever wants some fighting logs in and goes to the respective field to find like minded people.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »
We (CM's) Dont have any power in the Duelin Arena .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:34:38 PM »
when is the next 1.  had a great time

Offline Mulligan

• Copper Member
Fun
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 04:02:52 AM »
v1st  you are not allowed to play,,,,unless you let me kill you at least once!!    

S!  bud was fun fight

Admiral Mulligan:aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 08:29:22 AM »
I'm thinking of being there tonight 6ish central standard time if anybodys game
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:59:09 AM »
I'll try to show then too...7pm EST, in the DA -- if real life permits!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
Starting to sound like a broken record here, but...
HiTech, if we had some sort of Duel Mode ala Airwarrior (players in duel mode can only be engaged by each other), players could do little events like this all the time without a need for a CM.

Of course that's easy to say, doesn't mean it can be done :)