Author Topic: Whining about play degradation?  (Read 4239 times)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Whining about play degradation?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »
If the noobs dont want help, killem. So whats the problem again?
325th Checkertails

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Not really...because, again, the "problem" depends on what people want to do. Many times I've offered to help, or to teach a maneuver, with very little interest in response.

I dont care how good the support team is, it cant do anything for someone who wants to be left alone to do it his own way.

speaking of.... bout time for another training session sir :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 04:42:24 PM »
I've played for about 5 years, i don't think the gameplay has changed much at all.  There has always been hording since i've been playing.  

I think simaril has a point about training.  Before i had my first sortie i went to lots of sites and read up all about tactics, manouvers etc.  Why? because i wanted to learn and get good.   My only previous experience experience was a couple of weeks flying wb2 offline.  My first couple of sorties i crashed on take-off, so i read up on basic flying on the net and found out what stalling is.   Once i achieved that i couldn't hit anything, i read up some tips on gunnery- to my surprise 2km is too far out to hit anyone.   From there on i just kept searching for sites to help me kill people.  I think the next thing i read was how to merge.

If there is little desire or motivation a person wont improve with or without trainers in MA.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »
Good, bad or indifferent and it matters not to me, but I think the demise of Air Warrior changed the game more than anything ever has. But no matter how much things change, there's nothing new under the sun.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 06:30:52 PM »
Originally posted by aztec
Good, bad or indifferent and it matters not to me, but I think the demise of Air Warrior changed the game more than anything ever has. But no matter how much things change, there's nothing new under the sun.

yup
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2006, 06:47:35 PM »
I wish this game was more like Quake!:( :p

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 06:56:25 PM »
I've been playing for three months and been having a blast....sorry for ruining the game by being a noob. Next time you shoot me down think to yourself....Yeah I got him, he won't be bothering anybody again.....(two seconds later voice on vox) "One uppin from the hanger".  I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be bothered because somebody misses the old days, I try to play with a good attitude and a general sence of respect for other players(friend and foe) ....I have nothing to base gameplay on because I'm so new, but there are things that bother me at times(like people capping a field with out even attempting to take the town down in some sort of a kill scoring vulch fest), but there is always somewhere else to go if I don't like what's going on at any given field. The fact is I have fun, nobody really offered much training when I started, but I've learned alot flying with really cool people. Yes I fly in giant bish horde missions BECAUSE IT'S FUN! I defend bases from giant rook/knight hordes BECAUSE IT'S FUN! Mostly I just  fly around looking for a good even fight because that's what I like to do the most. I fly spit16's BECAUSE IT'S FUN. I fly f6f's, tbm's, sbd's all the time because I love aircraft carriers and IT'S FUN. My only real complaint is when I find a good 1 on 1 turn fight with an equal or better player there is always an LA-7 that comes in and kills me...those things are like annoying, really fast, meat bees...and I hate meat bees.  So to sum up my idiotic responce to a thoughtful post made by a concerned MA pilot.....Hmmm I got nothin....oh yeah I'm having fun.
Lagger

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 07:04:24 PM »
Originally posted by lagger86
...Mostly I just  fly around looking for a good even fight because that's what I like to do the most. ...My only real complaint is when I find a good 1 on 1 turn fight with an equal or better player there is always an LA-7 that comes in and kills me...those things are like annoying, really fast, meat bees...and I hate meat bees.

And with that, you no longer qualify as a n00b....Congratulations for reaching Jr. Fuballer status.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
I've been playing for three months and been having a blast....sorry for ruining the game by being a noob. Next time you shoot me down think to yourself....Yeah I got him, he won't be bothering anybody again.....(two seconds later voice on vox) "One uppin from the hanger".  I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be bothered because somebody misses the old days, I try to play with a good attitude and a general sence of respect for other players(friend and foe) ....I have nothing to base gameplay on because I'm so new, but there are things that bother me at times(like people capping a field with out even attempting to take the town down in some sort of a kill scoring vulch fest), but there is always somewhere else to go if I don't like what's going on at any given field. The fact is I have fun, nobody really offered much training when I started, but I've learned alot flying with really cool people. Yes I fly in giant bish horde missions BECAUSE IT'S FUN! I defend bases from giant rook/knight hordes BECAUSE IT'S FUN! Mostly I just  fly around looking for a good even fight because that's what I like to do the most. I fly spit16's BECAUSE IT'S FUN. I fly f6f's, tbm's, sbd's all the time because I love aircraft carriers and IT'S FUN. My only real complaint is when I find a good 1 on 1 turn fight with an equal or better player there is always an LA-7 that comes in and kills me...those things are like annoying, really fast, meat bees...and I hate meat bees.  So to sum up my idiotic responce to a thoughtful post made by a concerned MA pilot.....Hmmm I got nothin....oh yeah I'm having fun.

Very good point:D
325th Checkertails

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 07:36:32 PM »
oh yeah I'm having fun.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Murdr can I be a junior furballer now? :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006, 07:38:58 PM »
Given the respective posts some of which are again stating that game play skill has overall gone down, I must ask the following question:

Is it possible that game play has, for the most part, remained the same but your (AH and AW veterans) skill has increased dramatically?  In that way the game is the same, but it you that has changed.  What used to be a hard fought challenge (which made the game fun) is now much easier because you not only know what signs to look for, but also how to manage the situation.

In furtherance of this point, I relate it to playing HALO (X-box or PS-2 irrelevent.)  You all remember playing the game and the first time you came across the 2 "enforcers" (I think that is what they were called -- it was the big dudes with the spiked shells on their backs).  The enforcers could only be killed by hitting them in the two small "soft" orange spots under the shell that only came exposed at certain movements.  When you first met them, you remember how difficult and frustrating it was to go up against 2 of them and it seemed no matter what you did or how hard you tried those two buggers kicked your butt handedly regardless of the weapon you had.   But after you had played a while and learned the "tricks" and what to look for, you started pounding them no different from the little elf looking dudes.  In fact, after a little while longer you even learned how to run up on the enforcers and pound them in the head with the rifle butt to kill them.   What was once so very difficult soon became easy and non-challenging -- because you know what to look for and how to defeat it.  So I ask you... what changed?  You or the game?

Back to AH... is it possible that now as a skilled veteran you are still facing the same quality of player you always faced?  But now that you are better and know what to look for and how defeat it, the perception of the game has changed for you.  What was once challenging and difficult is now more simple.  Where you used to get burned in a turn fight you now know how to employ measures and counter measures.  So in essence the game is perceived as less challenging and therefore less fun.  

Again, please don't take this post as a stab or cut to anyone or their style of play.  I am simply pointing out that there is a possibility that it isn't the game that has changed, it is the veterans perception of the game.

Just a thought.  What do you think?
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline LTARmaxs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
i couldnt agree with u more NCLAWMAN:aok ,ppl do need to come to the understanding they were new once also,so instead of giving noobs a hard time ,teach them, tell them to go to the TA and get training and ask questions, they too  should be able to play how they want( good or bad) u try to show them the right way to play ,but it is there 15 bucks a month. so instead of calling them names and making fun off them u veterans should know by now there r gonna be ppl that dont play how u want them too, yes there is gonna be hoing ,potatods,cherry picking ,vulching,,,ETC! and there always will be. But just alittle update on those items:t

hoing= it takes 2 to ho
potatods=u fly into enemy territory that is busy,u better bring ur homey's
cherry picking=awarness( look around)
vulching=better up guns and blow them off ur runway or up from another field with ur homey;s:lol

now most everyone ive meet in AH is intelligent,u guys know this stuff ,let the new ppl have a chance to learn.

fellas   , happy hunting

p.s good topic

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »
the afore mentioned points are quite valid. I do not see the game as being down graded because of different fighting styles, I see that a pilot must find ways to overcome and find ways to stay alive. Quit complaining and get with the times. Adapt or fade away!
325th Checkertails

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
the afore mentioned points are quite valid. I do not see the game as being down graded because of different fighting styles, I see that a pilot must find ways to overcome and find ways to stay alive. Quit complaining and get with the times. Adapt or fade away!
325th Checkertails

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:41 AM »
Just got jr furballer now he gets his double post cherry poped ;)