Author Topic: WTG Billary  (Read 407 times)

LJK Raubvogel

WTG Billary
« on: November 13, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
Bill Clinton finally made it to Vietnam....and it was only about 35 years too late.  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2000, 12:14:00 AM »
 Be funny if he got fragged.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2000, 04:56:00 AM »
Total embarrassment. The VC hold zero respect for him and his visit I am sure.

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline blur

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2000, 07:12:00 AM »
I'd rather have as President someone who had the presence of mind, at a young age, to avoid that cluster-f*ck we call war.

I didn't.

The real heroes of the Vietnam War went to Canada.  

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2000, 07:30:00 AM »

Originally posted by blur:
I'd rather have as President someone who had the presence of mind, at a young age, to avoid that cluster-bf*ck we call war.

I didn't.

The real heroes of the Vietnam War went to Canada.  

So says you. I think the real heroes of that misguided war, are those who did not come back from Vietnam alive to face a disrespectful country. Your above quote is a disgrace to all who didn't run and hide.

As you agree with clinton, don't see you his & gores policies will do nothing but create more of the same political fiasco as Vietnam as we play global cop?  

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2000, 08:13:00 AM »
The "cluster-f**k" you speak of was the Liberal-Democrats that ran that "stupid" war.

LBJ, Macnamara, Rusk, etc., ad nauseum, should all have been imprisoned for their atrocities against the people/Armed Foces of the US.

If Gore cheats his way to the Presidency, you can expect more of the same "cluster-f**k" management of the US Military.

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2000, 04:11:00 PM »
Well hey, a war was needed, so they made one up. I don't think you can blame the poor (and brave, in most cases) bastards who had to go over and fight it, not knowing it was just a farce in the first place, and that they weren't supposed to win.

------------------
        Rickenbacker (Ricken)

-ISAF-
the Independent Swedish Air Force

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2000, 04:21:00 PM »
The real heroes of the Vietnam War went to Canada  
==========
I sure as hell would not have wanted to go, and I may have had enough self preservance to have *fled* to Canada, but to then say that would make me a hero is shameful and in total neglect of the memory and sacrifice of those that did not want to, hated to, but did.

Yeager

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2000, 09:45:00 PM »
Ah, how quickly some folks forget just who got us INTO VietNam.

How quickly they forget who ran the troops numbers up over 1/2 million, while owning companies that built airbases in VietNam.

How quickly they forget who micro-managed the war, sending F-100 flights against a village water buffalo. (Yes, I have proof.)

How quickly they forget who actually got us out of that mess, although the withdrawal itself was long and messy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2000, 11:23:00 PM »
I actually don't mind that clinton went to Viet Nam. I just hope it was a one way ticket though. Maybe Hanoi Jane will help show him around and they can find a condo for them selves there.  

clinton, PLEASE STAY THERE!!!
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
WTG Billary
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2000, 12:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Ah, how quickly some folks forget just who got us INTO VietNam.

How quickly they forget who ran the troops numbers up over 1/2 million, while owning companies that built airbases in VietNam.

How quickly they forget who micro-managed the war, sending F-100 flights against a village water buffalo. (Yes, I have proof.)

How quickly they forget who actually got us out of that mess, although the withdrawal itself was long and messy.

Toad,

Don't try to sully the reputation of camelot and the great society ok.    

For those who weren't around then, look it up in yer history books!  

Mav

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown