Author Topic: Blood in the streets?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »
Blood in the streets? Revolution? Civil War?

Only half the people in America voted. 50%.

Only half of those voted for Bush. 25%.

Let's be generous and say that a whole half of those people would be willing to run through the streets firing automatic weapons. 12%.

Y'all would get yer tulips kicked  

Btw - last poll I saw in Newsweek was that over 65% of Americans wanted this process continue to it's conclusion, no matter what the result.

Republicans are in the minority in the Bush/Gore election, and you guys are in the minority on this blood in the streets nonsense.  

All kidding aside, this is pretty sickening.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
Well, just as a matter of perspective, there are many instances where state law is not upheld when the federal judiciary decides those laws are unconstitutional.  Brown vs. the Board of Education in Topeka, Kansas for example, where the federal government finally began putting an end to state-mandated racial segregation.  Of course, the federal government had to drag some states through desegregation kicking and screaming.  Interestingly enough, that was the beginning of a similarly divisive time in American history.  It wouldn't surprise me to see rioting and civil unrest over this.  But a revolution?  Doubtful.

I am not trying to compare any attempts by Gore to tear down this afternoon's deadline to the necessary and noble cause of ending segregation.  I think he's perverting the process for personal gains if he chooses to fight this one further.  I am only saying that Federal courts examining and overturning state law is a regular occurence and in and of itself isn't heinous.  States are not infallible, and there have been times when the federal government has been a catalyst for positive changes in this country by overruling what state legislators have deemed right and just.

I'd be much more worried about the future if the federal government somehow lost that ability.

Gordo

[This message has been edited by Lance (edited 11-14-2000).]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
Heh, Nash, there are doomsayers on both sides, the democratic extremists are of the move to Canada mind, the republican extremists are of the secede mind.

The rest of us will go about our business regardless, and vote again next time hoping there's a big enough spread to avoid going through this again (and consider an amendment adding excessive litigation as a capital offense  .

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
Heh yah, exactly right. I think the biggest thing to blame for this mess, is that both of these two gentlemen suck equally.... too equally  

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2000, 01:44:00 PM »
Rip,

If you think that this non-sense is worth even considering armed retaliation then you should consider giving up your gun. You might hurt somebody and it certainly won't change anything.

"It is not hard to do the right thing. It is hard to know what the right thing is to do. Once you know what the right thing is, it is hard not to do it"
Unknown

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
Heh, good points, Fatty/Nash.

Gordo

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2000, 02:02:00 PM »
Nash, are you by any chance voting NDP?

I don't think anyone here is saying they are going to go on a rampage if they don't like the result of the election process, but there is a good chance somebody will.  Besides, what will CNN have to cover if there isn't backlash after this fiasco.

Speaking of which, CNN (communist national network) just said that in the State of New Mexico, in event of a close (?? .5 of 1 % or some crap) result the winner can be decided by a coin toss, but both parties must agree on the coin, the coin-thrower, and the side called.  ROFL!

I say they settle all this BS right now that way, the NASDAQ is under 3k for keerist's sake.

[This message has been edited by Gman (edited 11-14-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2000, 02:24:00 PM »
NDP?  Cheeeeyah riiiight. To be honest, I'd vote for your man Klein in a second over any of the choices we currently have.

Americans think *they've* got it bad... Yegads....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2000, 02:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nash:

Btw - last poll I saw in Newsweek was that over 65% of Americans wanted this process continue to it's conclusion, no matter what the result.
A good start is not to waste your time reading Newsweek, very left

All kidding aside, this is pretty sickening.

Scary is the word. I feel though as this drags on the possibility of a nutcase showing his bellybutton grows increasing possible..

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2000, 03:23:00 PM »
 I`ve never been a proponet of gun control,but reading this kind of crap can make a person reconsider that stance. I`ll guarantee if it does come to gunplay in the streets over which of these crooked scum-bags wins the Presidency that will be the end of legal firearm ownership in the US.

Another thing that bothers me is the Republican/Democrat animosity spewed by looneys like Cabby,WTF-do you people buy into the party line all the way?

I registered as a democrat 21 years ago-but I`ve voted for the democratic presidential candidate exactly 2x times in those years,it amazes me that anyone would buy into the drivel these professional crooks spew,what ever happened to voting for the issues-and not the party? God gave you a mind-use it!

I don`t think either of these dirt bags should represent our country at this point.

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
Jihad:

Any one with a handle such as "Jihad" should steer away from calling anyone "looney".  

The rest of your post is complete BS as well.

Cabby
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

Rock

Blood in the streets?
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2000, 05:08:00 PM »

ammunition sales throughout the United States have jumped an
astonishing nine-hundred percent (900%).

Hunting season?

I admit to not reading newspapers, well the comics sometimes and not watching tv much. I do see coworkers and customers at work and see people in stores and such. No one is talking about the election and the few I asked about it basically replied "yawn".

All the newsgroups and BBSs I read are pretty quiet, except this one with its dozen or so extremists. Go ahead, grab your guns and run into the streets. It will be over quick and this board will return to its normal self.

A popular saying during my high school years, about 69ish or so. America, love it or leave it.

"yawn"

Offline cp

• Zinc Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2000, 07:48:00 PM »
I agree with the hunting season angle.       Deer season starts tomorrow here in Michigan and I imagine there are other seasons going or opening soon around the country. Sounds like someone could be twisting the numbers..

To all politician/media types involved in this farce, spin this..      

cp

[This message has been edited by cp (edited 11-14-2000).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
This gets the award for the stupidest thread I have ever seen.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Blood in the streets?
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2000, 11:51:00 PM »
I say Gore and Bush have a cage-match
10Bears--