Author Topic: New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates  (Read 35113 times)

Offline Surf35

• Copper Member
New arena format Part 2 - Use this thread, don't open duplicates
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 05:23:25 PM »
I was in late war areana today at about 6pm eastern. At which time the bishops could only launch planes and veh with more that 40 ENY score. THAT IS RIDICULUS! This new format punishes those you want to use something other than the early war areana. This just cannot keep happening and still expect me to pay 15 dollars a month. I know alot of loyal users feel the same way. We are willing to accept the new areanas, but we just cant fly in them because of the ristrictions.:mad:

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2006, 05:25:09 PM »
Pyro - what do you mean exactly by 'unhealthy'? if this is change for non-technical reasons, then can you clarify the 'unheathy' factors, and what consitutes a 'healthy' arena? Thanks.

I have a couple of extra suggestions that i ask be considered. Other people have posted them but i think ill go further.

1. At a bare minimum, scrap the two late war arenas - that would help a little bit put more than 7 people in the LW arena when i play (may even double it).

2. Consider just two MA arenas. Either as a LW/EW split or a Original MA/Historic Arena (with rolling time period). Both of these would diversify the arenas and split the numbers up during your peak periods, but not dilute them to a point of unplayability when people in non-US peak times play.

3. Have the number of arenas adjusted based on certain times. e.g. have the 3 or 4 arenas for peak US times as you have it now, but revert back to two as per suggestion 2 above for the time periods when there wont be enough people to justify 4 arenas - you must have the stats to know when these times are. But you still have the problem of kicking people out of arenas when they close. So you could solve that by closing entry to the arena, and let the numbers drop off naturally before closing it?

Ive slept on it, and thought of some constructive alternatives or alterations to your plans for your consideration. Im prepared to 'let the dust settle' over the next week or so and well wait and see how it goes. But if it is to continue as it was last night (single digit players in all arenas except EW), and lets hope not, then i fear i, and others in the off time zones too, will just loose interest - let alone try attract people to join up to that.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2006, 05:27:03 PM »
Originally posted by Stratocaster
when can I fly the sabre and the l33t f9f in the korean war theater? and when can I down some dr1s in my sopwith camel>

2 weeks

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »
Well it looks to me that HT has managed to satisfy the BK's and a small amount of other furballers. I for one will be ending my subscription. Gameplay and moral has reached a all time low. And until things improve A LOT this will be my final 2 weeks (only because I have already paid for it).
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »
only 1 thing to say, furballers won let go all and lets move on.

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »
Well, just left Late Arena.  Lots of very mad people there.  Seems that the town, ord, hangars, etc. don't stay down as long as they should any more.  Would have been nice to now a head of time.  Also, people are saying that the various manned guns can't be used.    
And just now, the ENY went up to "46", mean you couldn't up anything, nada, nothing.  This one is really frying people bad.  They just plain don't like the manipulation that it seems HiTech is trying to pull.  Big Brother alive and well???
They have it all wrong.  I was starting to think the multi-arena format might work and be positive, but if the put restrictions like this in, I won't play.  And many are saying the same thing.  It's getting very angry out there.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TexInVa

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »
Originally posted by Surf35
I was in late war areana today at about 6pm eastern. At which time the bishops could only launch planes and veh with more that 40 ENY score. THAT IS RIDICULUS! This new format punishes those you want to use something other than the early war areana. This just cannot keep happening and still expect me to pay 15 dollars a month. I know alot of loyal users feel the same way. We are willing to accept the new areanas, but we just cant fly in them because of the ristrictions.:mad:

Try changing countries and you should be able to fly those aircraft with a lower ENY value.

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2006, 05:40:57 PM »
Originally posted by TexInVa
Try changing countries and you should be able to fly those aircraft with a lower ENY value.

Oh now there's a great idea! Switch countries as often as you switch underwear.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2006, 05:41:19 PM »
Having seen that this is the second sticky concerning the changes then what's the point of posting on here?
Changes nothing, allows you to vent and argue and that's about it.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2006, 05:43:38 PM »
Originally posted by belethch
only 1 thing to say, furballers won let go all and lets move on.

Hit the nail right on the head there
The most honest post on the bbs, yup your right, must have been mass quantities of furballers at the convention I think.

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2006, 05:44:58 PM »
This may go against the latest trend but,
I LIKE IT!
I was in a Spit MKI last night and was killed by something
besides a LA-7.... I died, but was a fun fight.
HTC:aok
Blutik
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »
Its simple for me.........

1. Can I live with it? Yes.
2. Do  l like it?          No.
3. Is there anything we can do about it?   No.
4. Will i try and look at the positives on this change?. Yes
5. Do I think this is going to hurt larger squads in the game. YES.
6. Do i think this will settle the "hoard" problem? No.
7. Will things go back to the old way? Most likly not.

Dear HTC community,

I know old habbits die hard. I know this change came on VERY fast. I relise that it has improved game play and hurt it at the same time. I know the "loners" dont mind, while at the same time I know the large squads are upset. Please lets bear with it and at LEAST give it a week or so, before we make are final judgement. Intill then lets hope for the best, and that what ever HTC decidedes to do is in the best intrence for the community.

All
              and please lets jsut give it a chance
                   P.S. if it matters I do not like the change.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline JAWS2003

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
If you have a Fw 190A-5 in Early War that was put out in  6-43

THEN you should consider adding...

Ki-61 ... 6-43

C.205 ... 1-43

Typhoon IB ... 6-43
Hurricane IID ... 6-42

F4U-1 ... 2-43(ETO)

Il-2 Type 3 ... 10-42
La-5FN ... 3-43
Yak-9T ... 1-43

A-20G ... 5-42
B-17G ... 6-43
B-24J ... 5-43

When you look at FW-190A5 in game you should really see it as A3 or A4.
 FW-190 started fighting (experimentally) in 1941 with A1 had A2 versions and during 1942 no fewer then 1800 FW-190's A3 and A4 have been delivered to front line units.
 There's little difference between A4 and A5. A3 is not as good performer as the other two but was not that far off. Same guns, just different radio and engine was less powerful.
 The A5 was used "as A4" in many AvsA setups and special events. Is nothing wrong with that.

When you think about, planes like La5FN, Typhoon and Spitfire MkIX were rushed in service/production to counter the FW-190, I think it is fair to have it in the early period.

So since there's no A4 in the game you just consider the A5 in early arena a Foke Wulf 190 A3/4. ........Unless they want to model one. ;)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »
Yes, the furballers did win, because they cried the longest & loudest.  Now THEY are the one's trashing people on the threads who don't want to play their way.  Go figure.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Surf35

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
Originally posted by TexInVa

Yeah thats it! Ill just forget i was trying to launch an m3 to take a base. Instead ill change countries and have the whole thing happen again. That is the stupidest suggestion, but i geuss this is the way AH2 is headed