Author Topic: Stall Chatter  (Read 950 times)

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
Stall Chatter
« on: March 20, 2006, 06:46:18 PM »
I dont see the need or the benefit of this obscure effect...
If  HT is going for full realism at all things.. fix the laxer guns on buffs to even a halway realistic setting, to even imagine that every gun on a buff box would be shooting in unisson at 1  target is ludicrouse
KaK3MAW

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »
Not all guns fire at the target, and the ones that can be brought to bear don't converge on it.  That is a myth.  The guns from the three bombs cross at 500 yards, making the guns on the other two bombers pretty useless outside of the 350-650 yard range.  The guns on your bomber fire in parellel and do not converge.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Stall Chatter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 06:55:55 PM »
Added a shaking effect to gunners when they fire their guns.

I haven't seen what the buffers have to say about this, I haven't had a chance to d/l and try it out.  Anyone have comments on that?

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 07:14:30 PM »
8 of 10. Good misdirection with the topic and the obligatory poor spelling to boot!

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Stall Chatter
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 02:02:03 AM »
Originally posted by Fury
I haven't seen what the buffers have to say about this, I haven't had a chance to d/l and try it out.  Anyone have comments on that?

It's annoying as all get out:mad:
The whole screen shakes and makes the screen blury. Maybe some will think it's nifty, but all the guys I talked to said the same thing, this blows.

Give'er a try

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46:54 AM »
I didnt really notice, but it didnt seem to affect my shooting.

~AoM~

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:02:51 AM »
The shaking gun thing didn't really affect my gunning allot, maybe a little but not enough to complane about.  Of course I've only tried the B26 I hear the Ostys are real bad. All in all I thought it made me feel more like I was in a gun position on a bomber. This is of course not based on any actuall experiance as a WW2 gunner. :D

Ohh and on topic I don't get the stall chatter thing either, I cant say it has really effected me much exept for having to go in and mute the chatter sound. :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:05:14 AM by Flayed1 »
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 08:09:44 AM »
One thing that should not shake is when you fire the coax MG from a tank.  The most that happens is a slight vibration in your head.  Unless of course the weapons mount in the Bradley is much better than what they used in WWII.  Also when firing the 25mm cannon on the Bradley you might get a 3ft pattern at 1000m.  Not sure how badly the osti's vibrate though.

Offline Goomba

• Copper Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 08:19:43 AM »
I haven't completely made up my mind yet, but I took a box of new B17's out for a spin last night.  Took down 4 hangars with 4 drops, and put 6 fighters out of their misery.  (PS..I could just smack the tard(s) who shot me down on final to landing...low, slow, gear and flaps down...tough target, chumps! )

Gun shake did not pose much of a problem, nor make the screen unusable.  In fact, it made gunning just a hair more challenging, which should comfort those who think everything is porked.

It may get irritating later, but for now I have no complaints with the effect.

I have to agree, though, that the shake effect seems out of place in a coax or hull mount MG.

PS..Sorry.  I just realized that I contributed to hijacking this thread away from stall chatter, and on to the headshake gun effect!  Whoops...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:49:27 AM by Goomba »

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »
Well the stall chatter scared the bejeezus outta me.  Its sure going to require one to relearn to fly most of the planes again.  I was pulling a loop in a P-38 and got all sorts of buffeting/wild wooddonut sounds at 200 kts...couldnt pull out...so Im seeing a lot more of the trees than Im used to (ouch)

No real gripe yet, still trying to figure the thing out.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 03:13:53 PM »
Scared me too....sounded like a machine gun....I was looking at my gun's ammo load while flying th IL2 today to see if I was shooting anything...NOPE....then some friendly GV's told me to turn the effect off in the prefs window....AHHHHHHH....slider to zero and problem solved!!!!!!

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
Stall Chatter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 03:20:05 PM »
I replaced mine by creating a new buffet.wav (actually adapted one from the buffet.wav found in this Bradburger's Stall Sound

Direct link to the

stall.wav

just save as...

I modified it and set ingame buffet volume to my liking...

Once you do the same just save as 'buffet.wav' in your HTC / AH / sounds folder

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »
shooting the tank hull gun and the tank mg is way out of wack it shakes the whole tank and you cant even use the turret hull gun anymore. use the hull gun on the osti and your whole osty jumps its set up wrong. i cant even get fixed in on a plane when shooting the osty, when you shoot it you get drunk guy vis. looks like there is 4 of them who you shoot at. cant go in reverse while in mg view as well. i say we start making a list of all that want it to be switched back to what it was.

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 02:17:27 AM »
Did HT do away with the stall chatter? I havnt felt it since the first day it came out...
.squelch spelling palice

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Stall Chatter
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 01:39:14 PM »
6 month old thread

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs