Author Topic: Poll  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Poll
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 08:04:14 AM »
By the way, I like the changes.

Oh, and I thought since the usual meaning of a poll -- a survey of opinion -- has little to do with selecting from a list of biased statements, maybe Cav was thinking of one of the alternate meanings.

Poll (n) -- secondary definitions

3.The head, especially the top of the head where hair grows

4. The blunt or broad end of a tool such as a hammer or ax.

Does that help understand what's going on?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Poll
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 08:09:15 AM »
Why not include the current setting as an option if you wana have a serious poll.

Might as well drop this thread and that poll since its not objective and will not provide a result that displays what the community really wants due to lack of serious options.

Tex

Edit: Yes I do like the new settings and think that is the way the game should be set up.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Poll
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 08:26:15 AM »
...I really need to start acting like I have a day job....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Poll
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 08:53:40 AM »
1.  I like the Changes..
2.  IN

RTGorkle, you need an undecide or unsure response for your poll. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:55:48 AM by Airscrew »

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Poll
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 09:01:50 AM »
lol, i wonder if the guy who started this is against the changes, because as of right now his poll supports the changes.

lol

you should have locked the thread if you didn't want posts.  or perhaps realized that it didn't matter if people posted in your thread before telling them not to knowing full well they would.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Poll
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
so we are agreed?  

the changes are great.

Notice if you vote for anything but the choice cav wants it just hangs up?

The "poll" proves that you can't trust a bitter person to run a poll

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Poll
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
so we are agreed?  

the changes are great.

Notice if you vote for anything but the choice cav wants it just hangs up?

The "poll" proves that you can't trust a bitter person to run a poll

lazs

A bitter person?  What the hell are you talking about...Get your head out of your *** and actually read the choices....EW/MW/LW only (CURRENT)....Old MA, and combo of EW/MW/LW + MA....What else could you possibly add since these have been the three arenas  of discussion in the nearly 900 posts on the topic....

I dont care if this poll influences HTC...I just wanted to see where the community stands...  Yes, I voted in favor of the combo - EW/MW/LW + old MA...  I dont see how im throwing this fit that some of you have manifested in your minds though...I dont care...Read some of my other posts.  I say if a poll is taken, and this is what most people agree with, then I will roll with it...

And on another note...  A lot of you guys are real jerks...Real immature...  I could have given this poll to a class of freshmen high school students...5th graders...pre schoolers, and I would have had more people just simply vote and follow the rules...Flame me all you want, but your the one who looks like a complete idiot...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Poll
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »
Originally posted by bongaroo
you should have locked the thread if you didn't want posts.  or perhaps realized that it didn't matter if people posted in your thread before telling them not to knowing full well they would.

Guess I had too much faith in this community...Although I didnt know any faith was needed in a community, for such a simple request that a five year old could follow better than the grown men who have replied....
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Poll
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 10:54:30 AM »
You want a certain outcome... you run the poll.   what do you take us for?

If HT and co want to hear from me or communicate with me they will read what I post or send em an email or... have a drink with me at the con... they have done all those things in the past.  

lazs

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Poll
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 10:56:01 AM »
How do my choices influence any type of answer?

Current arena

Old Arena

Combo of both

So tell me...wheres the bias?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Poll
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »
welll admitedly it isn't like one of the old beetle "polls" where he would ask...  "Do you think guns should be freely handed out in prisons, insane asylums  and pre schools"   Or... Do you think that most guns should be restricted.

He would then go on to say (often months later) that his "poll" showed that most Americans felt that most guns should be restricted.

The only thing wrong with your poll is that you have an agenda and you are running the results.

lazs

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Poll
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »
Originally posted by cav58d
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!  JUST VOTE AT THE LINK THAT IA bitter person? What the hell are you talking about...Get your head out of your *** and actually read the choices....EW/MW/LW only (CURRENT)....Old MA, and combo of EW/MW/LW + MA....What else could you possibly add since these have been the three arenas of discussion in the nearly 900 posts on the topic....

I dont care if this poll influences HTC...I just wanted to see where the community stands... Yes, I voted in favor of the combo - EW/MW/LW + old MA... I dont see how im throwing this fit that some of you have manifested in your minds though...I dont care...Read some of my other posts. I say if a poll is taken, and this is what most people agree with, then I will roll with it...

And on another note... A lot of you guys are real jerks...Real immature... I could have given this poll to a class of freshmen high school students...5th graders...pre schoolers, and I would have had more people just simply vote and follow the rules...Flame me all you want, but your the one who looks like a complete idiot...S PROVIDED

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Poll
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 11:07:03 AM »
Agenda??????????????????  DID YOU NOT READ THE POLL?  There is an option for the three set ups most openly discussed in the threads the past couple days...There is no bias to any of the responses...What is it that makes you think there is?

I am running the results?  Hey laz...I told you I was in favor of getting the old MA back one way or another...Whether it is a combo of the new and old, or just bringing back the old...Right now the voters prefer keeping the set up as is...But your right laz...Im running the results...Maybe take a look at the results before you make a head up your *** acquisition...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Poll
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!  JUST VOTE AT THE LINK THAT IS PROVIDED
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 How do my choices influence any type of answer?

Current arena

Old Arena

Combo of both

So tell me...wheres the bias?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                sorry....i just found it amusing

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Poll
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »
:cry LAZS IS MAKING FUN OF ME MAKE HIM STOP

Asking people if they would prefer the old MA, after it's been said that the old MA was a problem, and is gone, and that it won't be back so that habits will be broken, is ****ing pointless. Ranting and raving because we didn't take your idiotic poll seriously doesn't exactly make us the bad guys.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech