Author Topic: Fix The Eny  (Read 392 times)

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« on: September 16, 2006, 01:11:33 AM »
FIX THE ENY LIMITER

I cant even fly a freakin fighter in EW right now.

Switch sides you say?!  Well the side imbalance has been fluctuating between countries so its impossible.  

It should really just be OFF in EW.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:16:01 AM by BigR »

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:31:31 AM »
im sorry but less than 80 people is NOT enough to support ENY limits. It just doesnt work.

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:44:06 AM »
Was in MIDWAR arena tonight and had to leave because the only plane we could fly was the hvy buffs.  With 69 in the arena and finding fights limited then to have it so you can only fly a buffs, seems to take the whole reason from splitting the arena planesets to begin with.  Switching sides doesn't work either, I don't want to switch to get a fighter and only be looking at buffs.
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:47:15 AM »
That about says it all....

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 03:41:36 AM »
ENY has never helped balance sides. Very few switch sides due to it. It makes a lot log off but not switch. I don't care what they say, It doesn't work the way they intended it to. On paper it probably looks great, in application it doesn't
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Fix The Eny
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 03:52:19 AM »
Last night in LW the ki 84 and the La5FN were both at 20

Last nght in MW the ki84 was 20 and the La5FN was 10.

This ki 84 came into service after the La7! it should not even be in MW IMO (similarly the F6F-3)
Ludere Vincere

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 04:14:58 PM »
Still don't quite understand why even have a NMY limtation.  Especially now with the arenas split into 3 eras.  Doesn't the splitting put planesets that are somewhat competitive with each other?  At least in EW and MW setups.

With the current set, restricting one side in MW from being able to, let's say, up a spit 5 or 109f a great hinderance to the other side when numbers are off?

I just don't get it, more now than before.  But thats just me, I hardly get anything ;)
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 04:22:36 PM »
I was in MW and the only thing you could up was Spit I or Huri I. Lot of good that does. I just logged.:cry
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »
ENY is fine.   It would be nice if you could change sides more than once every 8 hours or whatever.  I was flying EW Friday, switched to the lowest #'s side (who says eny doesn't work?)  but 1.5 hours later when I logged out knits weren't lowest anymore (although we weren't ENY limited).  

It was sure hilarious listening to the rook horde that couldn't engage in their usual hordemonkey tactics though... couldn't take a base because they couldn't fly anything but stukas and vals despite their over 2 to 1 numbers advantage.  Apparently their horde was more valuable to them than having fighters.

ed: stop whining and switch sides, morans.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
ENY is fine.   It would be nice if you could change sides more than once every 8 hours or whatever.  I was flying EW Friday, switched to the lowest #'s side (who says eny doesn't work?)  but 1.5 hours later when I logged out knits weren't lowest anymore (although we weren't ENY limited).  

It was sure hilarious listening to the rook horde that couldn't engage in their usual hordemonkey tactics though... couldn't take a base because they couldn't fly anything but stukas and vals despite their over 2 to 1 numbers advantage.  Apparently their horde was more valuable to them than having fighters.

You obviously are missing the point. When there are only 50-60 people in an arena, just a small number can greatly affect side balancing so the ENY limiter goes nuts! So you switch sides but then another couple people log in and some more log out and bam now the country you just switched to is the one with the problem! And guess what? You cant switch back because there's a 6 hour minimum.  Don't come in here and put us all down when you don't even understand the problem.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 04:57:20 PM by BigR »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »
Not to put anyone down, but did you try switching sides? Did anyone suggest that if a few people would move around as numbers fluctuated, then you might be able to fly? Surely you didn't all just sit in the tower?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »
it fluctuated way too much. We would go from having 10 eny to 29 in a matter of a couple minutes. There was no way to predict what switching plus people coming and going would do. There were just not enough people in the arena. It seems like HT has the side balancing set at only 50 people. Thats just not enough. One person has too big of an effect.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 05:47:51 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Tarmac
ENY is fine. It would be nice if you could change sides more than once every 8 hours or whatever. I was flying EW Friday, switched to the lowest #'s side (who says eny doesn't work?) but 1.5 hours later when I logged out knits weren't lowest anymore (although we weren't ENY limited).

It was sure hilarious listening to the rook horde that couldn't engage in their usual hordemonkey tactics though... couldn't take a base because they couldn't fly anything but stukas and vals despite their over 2 to 1 numbers advantage. Apparently their horde was more valuable to them than having fighters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by BigR
You obviously are missing the point. When there are only 50-60 people in an arena, just a small number can greatly affect side balancing so the ENY limiter goes nuts! So you switch sides but then another couple people log in and some more log out and bam now the country you just switched to is the one with the problem! And guess what? You cant switch back because there's a 6 hour minimum.  Don't come in here and put us all down when you don't even understand the problem.

BigR, some here are a bit slow in understanding. Tell em a hundred times like you stated and they still don't get it. Sure a bunch can switch sides, 30 min later the side you went to then has numbers and once again you get slapped w/ ENY. Numbers fluxuate constantly, only way to get more to switch sides as apposed to logging off is make the country change time to like 30 min. instead of 6 -8 hours or what ever long period they now have set.

Once Tarmac went off with the ROOK horde mentallity BS, he confirmed to me how slow he is. Any statement that puts one country as having some monopoly on a certain game style is delustional. Each country has there idiots, nice guys, hordes, tool shedders, furballers, and the list goes on.

Anyway ENY doesn't fix the numbers issue, only the community can fix that by being willing to do what ever it takes to balance the sides. To me, one way for example should limit numbers to each country, i.e. 300 capacity each country gets 100 slots. Ofcourse this is no perfect system either. No matter what you do there is always something you could argue about.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 07:18:04 PM »
Originally posted by BigR
it fluctuated way too much. We would go from having 10 eny to 29 in a matter of a couple minutes. There was no way to predict what switching plus people coming and going would do. There were just not enough people in the arena. It seems like HT has the side balancing set at only 50 people. Thats just not enough. One person has too big of an effect.

Your wasting time BigR... there is a group of people who patrol all these threads... yelling WHINERS.. and CHANGE SIDES... etc.  

You see there are NO problems... it is all the fault of the players.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Fix The Eny
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 07:34:26 PM »
I made a suggestion for fixing it... allow people to change sides more often.  And no, everybody hordes, but on this particular night it was a rookhorde.  I'm very familiar with knithordes and bishordes too.  Either way, I had a great time after I switched to the outnumbered knits (ohnoes eny doesn't work) and slaughtered all the idiot stuka pilots trying to E-fight my 109F.  Eventually even I got bored and went up to the bish front, where they could fly all planes too.  

ENY limiter is still a good solution to the numbers problem.  A 30-15 outnumbering is just as bad, if not worse, than a 300-150 outnumbering.  At least when the 150 outnumbering is present the 150 team can form a more efficient counter-horde elsewhere to make progress.