Author Topic: Someone explain this to me  (Read 378 times)

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
Someone explain this to me
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »
I have been flying in AH for 5 years and been on the forums for a quarter of it. I like the changes it offers everyone something they may want. A few days I said the ENY limiter was BS. Well HT all I can say is this IT AINT FIXED. Was just in the Mid War Arean and Bish and for a time rooks had to face Mid War Aricraft with Spit 1 and Hurricane Mk 1. Problem not fixed.

Another question how can a country win a war when it does not have the most fields. Dont tell it cant happen it just did. Bish were up on rooks by 4 or 5 fields. KNit had 7 left. But when the Knits lost one base to the rooks the rooks one. This is BS. So HT tell me why I just lost perkpoints I earned and gave them to someone else? I can already see the smartarnold comments to follow with no one to give a sensible answer.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:59:56 PM »
I'll not get into the "which country won the war" argument because honestly it doesn't interest me, nor was a aware of what country had X number of fields when.  

As for the ENY arguments, while I won't reject the possibility that the system may require/get more tweaking.  The solution to the problem exsisted IN THE ARENA.  We could have fixed it ourselves and everyone would have been able to fly everything.  We COULD have done it, this a seperate argument then whether we SHOULD have to or not.  I'm not going to get into it.  We COULD fix it and the choice was made not to fix it and piss and moan instead.  There is a lot of fun to be had in the new MA situation but it is up to US as the community to try and make an environment where everyone can have fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »
23 ENY right in the EW arena...man I love this new set up:noid :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »
Soulyss here is your solution everyone switch countries. OK let me see let me fight my own squaddies and break one of the rules of the squad. The solution of switching countries is a poor, poor excuse. I could careless about the ENY being there. My arguement if you are going to have then enable people to have some aircraft that can offer a reasonable defense or offense. 38 and Tiffies will slaughter Boston, 88s, and Boston. The only bombers that were available and they dont care the ord to knock down much of anything. Upping Hurricanes and Spit Mk 1 for defense against the listed above aircraft is asking individuals to be sheep to the slaughter. I know why ENY is there and glad it is it keeps things even most of the time:confused: All I am saying is in the Mid War and Late Arena lower the eny on some aircrfaft that can offer some counter to measure to what your enemy is upping. HT said they wanted players not to be stuck with early war aircraft and get picked apart by late or mid war aicraft, OK so tell how having HUrri and Spit Mk1 aginst P-38J and Typhoons an even fight. So all I ask is an even fight on some level not be used as a sheep to the slaughter:furious

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 05:05:08 PM »
Switch sides. The "but I'm loyal to my squad/country/cat" excuse has been run into the ground. You stuck yourselves with those planes because you would not make an effort to even the odds. You know exactly why ENY is there, and you know exactly what the consequences will be when the limiter kicks in. If it was really that big a deal, some of you would have taken one for the team and switched sides (you don't even have to fight each other; the game still has a 3 country setup).

But, you didn't, and you won't, so this is the result of your conscious decisions. Bon apetit!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 05:13:40 PM »
well it seems to me that if the ENY was that high you guys out numbered the enemy pretty good. So if 3 or 4 spit1's can't handle a single 38 all of you guys are in trouble.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 06:14:09 PM »
Some of you must have this fallacy that everyone is fighting between two bases or something. Just because one side has numbers doesn't mean everywhere on the map they are dominating with 3 to 1 odds. We have all seen the horde mentality on each country, even with numbers totally even you will find an area with a ton of guys attacking and a few defenders.

The other night for example approximately 150 on and Rooks had the numbers. Numbers wise it really wasn't that big of a desperately, percentage wise it was. (which is how ENY works as I am told) When looking at the map only about 6 Bish and Knits were fighting. So in reality the Rooks were out numbered but they could only fly the inferior planes. This is how the other counties should counter the one with numbers, both attacking them. Not having the ENY system. Now will this always happen? Probably not. This is a war game and not every battle during the war did each side have a fair advantage. If your looking for everything to be perfectly even then go to the DA.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 06:38:19 PM »
'Chief  I never said you had to switch countries, all I said was someone could have switched countries.  Unless I'm mistaken your squad didn't make up all of the 36 bish that were on earlier.

The solution to the problem was there.   It was not used.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
That's not out of the question, Hondo, but I seriously doubt that's the case in this scenario. Bomber payloads aren't really useful defensive measures against aircraft. They were trying to milkrun and couldn't.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 06:55:40 PM »
stays on the lopsided side and cries that he doesn't have any planes LOL

wouldn't flying/fighting against your squadmates be the best kind of practice? silly rule not to shoot each other down ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 07:09:11 PM »
The war can be won 2 ways.  Number of Total Fields and number of Airfields.

Total Fields is 6, Total AirFields is 3.

You could have 9 bases as a Knit and the Bish can own 4 Airfields.  Now if you had 4 Airfields and 5 Vehicle bases, and they took One of your Airfields, you would have 3 airfields and you lose the war.

If they had 7 Total Bases and you took the easy way and snagged a VH, taking them to 6 Total Bases, They lose.

They are working on the ENY, takes a little time to fine tune.  The old formula was balanced against every plane, the new ones need a little time to tweak, no biggie, they are working on it.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
Re: Someone explain this to me
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 10:27:27 PM »
Originally posted by Warchief

Another question how can a country win a war when it does not have the most fields. Dont tell it cant happen it just did. Bish were up on rooks by 4 or 5 fields. KNit had 7 left. But when the Knits lost one base to the rooks the rooks one.  

i will give a very sensible answer.

you and a couple of others were so busy complaining on 200 that u didn't notice we took field A5 followed shortly by A28 which brought us dead even for field count. rooks then took knit base A10 and the war was over. sorry u weren't
paying attention but yes we did have 1 more field than bish after the capture of A10.
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 10:33:23 PM »
You guys that wont kill your squaddies are really missing out on a lot of fun. There is NOTHING more prized by a BK than killing another BK, preferably by cherrypicking, HO'n, or the best of all is getting them to killshooter on you.