Author Topic: HT should hire a sociologist  (Read 1165 times)

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
HT should hire a sociologist
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2006, 08:20:13 AM »
just wondering what a sociologist would say about someone who chooses to call himself "mrdick"?

hub said that when lazs performed his outgoing physical examination prior to separation from the BKs that lazs was very tender and had good bedside manner.

Alot of the BKs will ask you to "turn your head and cough" if they get you cornered... kinda like a free flying health clinic:rolleyes:

(whoo 100 posts ... now I r teh big boy)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2006, 09:02:31 AM »
He would say that he suffers from "a Phallic self esteem complex":lol

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2006, 09:19:54 AM »
ALF: You have just stated our resones, almost as if you were a part of our discussions.

HiTech

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2006, 09:52:18 AM »
yep..  sorta like those who live in big cities will tell you that they need all those people around em to feel "community" and yet... they don't know more than a few...  

A small town guy goes to the big city and can't make eye contact... if he does the people act scared of him.... if you smile at people they act offended.. wave to someone you see now and then in a big city and they might have you arrested..

In a small town.. you wave at everyone and they wave at you... you wave people on at 4 way stops even if you got there first... you hold doors open and you don't half jog when you walk unless you are exercising.

The EW arena was far more full of salutes and "after you, no... after you."  than I have seen in a month of 500 people in the MA.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »
Hitech, thanks for not shutting down threads and muting people when they express a little dissaray over your current decision. :noid
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 10:38:54 AM by LEADPIG »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
just wondering what a sociologist would say about someone who chooses to call himself "mrdick"?

They'd probably say "[his] parents didn't empower [him] and, consequentially, [he's] not self-actualized" or some babble of the sort.

:D

Name the quote!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2006, 01:27:46 PM »
Sounds like a Freudian quote, probably something abouth his pro id or super ego or something. :D  I think Freud may have something there.:D

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006, 01:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
Sounds like a Freudian quote, probably something abouth his pro id or super ego or something. :D  I think Freud may have something there.:D

Not even close...  Off by about sixty years...  :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2006, 04:16:47 PM »
Originally posted by ALF
What I see at this point is a baseless attack/troll to begin the thread.  Please enlighten us with your scociology skill MrDick.  I think that , yes there is some discomfort anytime there is change, and taking a large group of people and splitting them amoung several areas, even on a volentary and non perminent bases, can cause some degree of angst.  However, I am also forced to remind myself that smaller, more memorable groups tend to form tighter, and more meaninful bonds.  

In a MA populated by 600-700 player at any given time, and a rotating base of over 2000+, you tend not to recognise many people.  I work in a building with thousands of people....and I know very few of them, and have little sense of belonging with all of the people in the buiding....noone is going to start chanting, "Big glass bulding 105 Rules....Big glass building 103 Sucks"....too many people....we just dont care.

In an arena with only a few hundred, we will move back towards what AH was a few years ago, and you will quickly start to recognise many of those around you, friendly and enemy.  Sure some people will float between the arenas, but a good portion will stick in one arena more than not.  This also will help make use of an otherwise wasted planeset.  Why fly an older model, if the newer is better in every way?  Now players who like older planes have a place with at least a little more parity.  So we have more sense of community, a better opportunity for those who like older planesets, and on top of all that, we will now have another valid reason to add some very cool early war planes.......why did we need a sociologist again?

To much common sense for one post.... Your on post restriction :)

Offline mojo7

• Zinc Member
Re: HT should hire a sociologist
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2006, 04:42:31 PM »
Originally posted by MrDick
Then they might know how to run the arenas...

Or at least it would make a great case study.

-MrD

Maybe MrDick can hire a proctologist to remove the stick from his prettythang

That would make an even better case study.

:t

Offline MrDick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2006, 05:20:19 PM »
So much hate and anger here.  LOL.  All based on a game ID.

Mojo7 you dont even play main arena.

Tour 80 : 0 time
Tour 79 : 0 time
Tour 78 : 0 time
Tour 77 : 0 time

Or do you hide behind another ID online?

-MrD
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:23:16 PM by MrDick »

Offline mojo7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »
‘It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.’     — Charles Darwin

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2006, 10:00:28 AM »
Originally posted by storch
hub said that when lazs performed his outgoing physical examination prior to separation from the BKs that lazs was very tender and had good bedside manner.

Yeah, we never could figure out why hub requested an exam every week.

storch

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2006, 10:30:35 AM »
or why the exam was performed with both hands firmly grasping the shoulders

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2006, 11:21:24 AM »
Originally posted by uberhun
Mr. Dick.............What more needs to be said? :lol

? What more needs to be said ? Just this .... "Mr. Dick, GOBLOWADOG !" :t
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.