Author Topic: Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 and scaling  (Read 303 times)

Offline cndian

• Zinc Member
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 and scaling
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:14:16 PM »
I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2 USB.  I was wondering if anyone else uses this stick. I am looking for good scaling and deadpan/damping settings. I seem to have a fair amount of nose bounce I am unable to control

Thanks for the help

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:58:03 AM »
Get used to it.

After a month you won't really suffer from nose bounce really at all.

I pretty much have all slider to the top, except rudder.  I start that one 1/2 way up on zero, and all the way up by 50 or 60.

Deadbands/Damp as low as possible.  I find if they are too low, when I am in gv, say in the pintle gun of a tank, it tends to move w/o any stick input.

I add JUST enough to stop that.

(I have horrible nose bounce, but that setup really gives me much better response in a knife fight)

Some like default.  Some, like AKAK (you can prob. search for his stick setup in this Help and Training thread, he's posted it many times) have it setup so there is basically no nose bounce what so ever.

And if you ever decide to dump the MS J/S I need a back and / or parts for when mine poops out.

(BTW didn't see a pilot that fly's AH2 named cndian.  what CPID do you fly under?)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline cndian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
I have not created a MA account yet. I will in a day or two. Just want to practice offline for a bit first. I am going to try to use Cndian  (aka Canadian) for my CPID

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 03:55:44 PM »
If you have trouble with nose bounce, scale the first few sliders of PITCH a bit down. 1/3 from top for first slider, staricase till the top for the middle slider or so.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline cndian

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 04:43:21 PM »
Thanks, will try