Author Topic: 'Very high possibility' Italian nun's killing linked to Pope controversy  (Read 637 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
'Very high possibility' Italian nun's killing linked to Pope controversy
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »
Serbs and muslims are oranges vs pumpkins.

Serbs did indeed score in the campus- Hitler style, while the pumpkins are bicycle-bombing babies to get a seat next to Allah.

Both bad stuff, but off from comparison apart from bad....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »
the serbs had a military/nation one could target, the cheekbones muslims don't ... too bad really, it'd make everything so much easier ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »
...the Serbs are not currently waging a worldwide "crusade" using terrorism and intimidation to establish worldwide Orthodox hegemony or establish it as the only acceptable ideology.

Perhaps because Serbia is not a religion? The individuals were Christian however and regardless of past history, they committed terrible crimes against people of another faith - that is my argument.

My example demonstrated one religious faction committing atrocities against another. It is perfectly valid. No religion has a monopoly on barbarity. Barbarity is an age-old pastime for mankind and this nun's murder is a drop in a very deep ocean, tragic though it may be.

It seems to me, Seagoon, is that you are desperate to paint all Muslims as one singular group, with no allowance for the variation of individual thought amongst that group. Every post you make has this continuing thread of prejudice.

Now prejudice is a strong word, and I don't use it lightly, believe me. I believe there are others on this board who are also prejudiced. They are generally pretty stupid, and prejudice seems to often go in hand with stupidity. But you are different. Clearly intelligent and scholarly, you are less explicit. The above quote is a prime example of that; you imply that Muslims "are waging a worldwide crusade." Not some Muslims. Not specific militant groups. But all Muslims. You never qualify your statements - they are always general and never discrete.

As a religious man, you attack another religion with a distrubing zeal. Most religious people I have known have respected other faiths and recognised the value in understanding and tolerance. Now before you, or others jump to the cliched response of "liberal hand-wringing", I'm not talking about understanding terrorists or extremists. I'm talking about mutual respect between moderates. Of course, the religious people I have known would argue the other faiths are wrong or misguided, but there always seemed to be respect. I see none of that in your posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you talk the language of a fundamentalist.

I try to keep an open mind regarding fundamentalism of any kind - secular or religious. But I am wary of it; religious fundamentalism claims spiritual purity, but often seems very interested in more earthly concerns, like power and control. Christian fundamentalist, Islamic fundamentalist. Just a different branch of the same tree.

I wonder how you arrived at the opinions you hold. But of all the people on this board I disagree with, your posts interest me the most. They are generally a good read, I'll give you that. But the prejudice turns me off, I'm afraid.

This practice of bringing up any example from the past to justify ongoing Islamic Jihad in the present, is not going to solve our present day problem, which is clearly not the Serbs.

If you want me to overlook any hint of apologist behaviour towards the Serbs, then kindly do the same for my posts. I never suggested overlooking anything. Any rational person would be disgusted by what happened to the nun - I feel no obligation to show that in some ridiculous, neanderthal "let's nuke em all" post. I know that is par for this particular BBS - my apologies for not conforming on this occasion.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:24:28 PM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.