Author Topic: Baseball Cards  (Read 333 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Baseball Cards
« on: September 27, 2006, 12:24:32 AM »
I have over 3000 baseball cards and would like to know the best way of finding the value of each card. For example I have a Mint Condition (in a collector's authenticator case) card of Joe DiMaggio.
I've even given a card of Babe Ruth to a kid with Bone Marrow Cancer.

Instead of lugging in 4 books full of baseball cards to store and spending hours asking someone else how much each one is worth, is there a way to spend hours looking around on the internet to find the value.
Specific things I need to look for?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:30:34 AM by Raptor »

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:56:59 AM »
ebay is where you will find what people will pay for them

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:39:45 AM »
I cant remember the name of the website. I'll lok for it when I get home. But in the meantime you can go to your local supermarket and pick up a card magizine. They will show the prices and how many were made. This is only book price not what people would pay. I would suggest that you seperate your cards by their maker and try to put them in order by their number. Helps alot when looking for prices.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 09:48:10 PM »
that should only take several days;) Thanks for the tip. E-bay would be the best place to sell em, I have a bunch I know aren't worth very much though (even have a few of the same cards) so was planning on selling the more valuable cards individually and the less valuable cards as a collection.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Baseball Cards
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 12:06:29 AM »
Do you really need the money? Old cards like that keep going up in value over time, I would tuck them away and leave them to the kids, or their kids.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 12:26:30 AM »
I need the money:confused:

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
Baseball Cards
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 01:08:15 PM »
raptor, the main things you will need are the,  the name of the card manufacturer, the year of the card, and the players name, and what condition the card is in.  just remember that the price you might find is always negotiable, baseball cards are like stocks, they go up and down depending on how many are in population, I would suggest grouping the cheaper cards together and try selling them all at once, then sell your good cards individually. when i was a kid i had millions of baseball cards ( parents threw allot of them away... idiots lol ) and the only way we had to get an idea of how much they were was to go to the store and buy a baseball card "becket(sp)" I'm  since the internet revolution they have made them available online by now......

i would just do a search such as.. free baseball card guide, or free baseball card becket, something like that bro. good luck hope you find they are worth allot of $$

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »
I will give you $5 for the lot. :)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: Baseball Cards
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 02:56:06 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
I have over 3000 baseball cards and would like to know the best way of finding the value of each card. For example I have a Mint Condition (in a collector's authenticator case) card of Joe DiMaggio.
I've even given a card of Babe Ruth to a kid with Bone Marrow Cancer.

Instead of lugging in 4 books full of baseball cards to store and spending hours asking someone else how much each one is worth, is there a way to spend hours looking around on the internet to find the value.
Specific things I need to look for?

Get ahold of a magizene called "Tough Stuff", or something close to that... it lists prices on everything, cards, autographs, etc... You find em at comic book stores.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
yes, ebay will have just about every card for sale and you can see what people will pay for them.  EBAY has reduced  the value of baseball cards dramatically.

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Baseball Cards
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
ebay has reduced the number of people buying overpriced cards from dealers.
auction value is really good way of finding what the value of something is