Author Topic: Two new pilots  (Read 781 times)

Offline denizen

• Zinc Member
Two new pilots
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:38:33 PM »
First of all, hello to you all, and thanks for a great time in the MA so far. I'm not very good at all at the moment, with most of my time spent getting into the air, and working on attacking/defensive tactics and manouvres, actually getting on to someones 6 and then being shot down by his friend. Good grief.

The reason why i come to you all for some help is because my friend was visiting  me a few days ago and caught me playing with myself, on AH. He instantly demanded a go and hasn't stopped talking about it since... I will soon have two computers in my room, and we're both going to invest in a joystick, as i'm currently using an XBOX 360 controller, with the analogue shoulder buttons for my rudder.

So we will be playing a lot of AH in the near future together, and we wish to find out a lot about manouvres and tactics, and what is expected of a player in the MA.

Thanks to anyone that replys!

-deni

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
Re: Two new pilots
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »
Originally posted by denizen

So we will be playing a lot of AH in the near future together, and we wish to find out a lot about manouvres and tactics, and what is expected of a player in the MA.

Thanks to anyone that replys!

-deni

I have found a lot of info by clicking on the Community link above and then again on Useful links.  Alot of good stuff in these forums as well.  Lastly, and what I don't do enough, is go to the online training arena.

Offline denizen

• Zinc Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:50:50 PM »
I have been in there and there was no one about, so i haven't been back since.

I'll check it out if i see people in there.

Offline Recap

• Zinc Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »
I have been in there and there was no one about, so i haven't been back since.

I'll check it out if i see people in there.

You know, I kind of agree.  I'm not sure how that works either.  There's usually a bunch of people in there just messing around. However, occasionally you'll find trainers.  With trainers I think it's best to try and schedule a time though.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Two new pilots
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:02:31 PM »
Welcome to Aces High! There are a number of places to get good info...
  • Net Aces A great place for a bunch of info on the game
  • Soda's Aircraft Help A good site with Plane comparisins of Aces High
  • Aces High Help Pages A must read too !! print it out a save it if you can!
  • 479th Raiders Site A great site with a bunch of films to view "how to fly and fight in Aces High"
    ( you must use the Aces High film viewer to view these films.)
Conduct in the game, well its your $15. For the most part people wil treat you with respect as long as you return the respect to them. There are a few bad apples in every bunch, but don't let them get you down.

Again, Welcome to Aces High!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:05:45 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline denizen

• Zinc Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:10:20 PM »
Is that $15 every month ?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Two new pilots
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:31:40 PM »
Is that $15 every month ?

You get a two week free trial period for the online arenas the first time you play. After that, logging into the online game it will ask you for Credit Card info (yes, 14.95 USD a month). If you do not have a CC, contact billings@hitechcreations.com for other means of payment.

Offline and 8-player mode are free.

As for the Training Arena. During US evening times youll have a high chance running into a bunch of people there (including trainers). During Euro times, numbers are lower. I myself am usually there central Europe evenings. If you want to schedule training time, contact the Trainer Corps at trainers@hitechcreations.com. Please include your ingame ID and the times you are available (Time Zone!).

Welcome :).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:36:54 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline denizen

• Zinc Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 07:36:18 PM »

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 03:08:10 PM »
i was bad at his game wen i started too. I remeber wen i first got on iwas so eager to fly i got a spit 5 spawned on the runway...then got vulched by a La7:)  but look at me now I vulch THEM.

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
Re: Two new pilots
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »
The reason why i come to you all for some help is because my friend was visiting  me a few days ago and caught me playing with myself...

I hate it when that happens...  ;)

on a serious note, Welcome!  Don't get discouraged if you suck.  I'm horrible, but am having fun while getting better.  I'm closing in on a 1/2 kill/death ratio, woohoo!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:19:35 PM by bsdaddict »

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Two new pilots
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 08:04:25 PM »
You might think about taking a few free lessons from the trainers in the Training Arena (TA).

Just getting your stick/views setup correclty will help your flying skills 90%.

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
Two new pilots
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
When you get your flight stick controller setup you may have to dampin some of your flight controls.

Click flight stick controller.
Then highlight elevators, rudder or alerons.
(You can only do one at a time)
Then click advance button.
Then if you look to your far right you will see the damping slides that go up and down.( A little goes along way.) By most of the adjustment rules.
This will slow you stick to flight controls reaction time. So this way it can help you keep your sites on the enemy.

See you in the Air - GGhost :aok
Currently not flying