Author Topic: Maps  (Read 486 times)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« on: September 28, 2006, 12:31:47 PM »
Has anyone heard if we are getting large maps back in rotation?  If we are not getting large maps back, why?
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Maps
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:33:53 PM »
If you have 1/5th the people, you don't need 3x the map. Hell even on the large maps with a full server the majority of folks were avoiding fights and milk running the undefended rear bases.

At least now the hordes MUST fight each other.

My $0.02

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »
The big maps were good, therefor you can't have them.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »
hiyas krusty S!

thing is krusty.  there are those of us out there that enjoy large maps.  these maps entertain us with noe missions or just being able to go out and blow stuff up  :D

also if i want to fight the bigger battle i can.  i have the choice.  these smaller maps just tend to bunch us up.  at least bring back larger maps into the rotation.  it gives us more choices as to where, what , when and how i want ta have fun.

ty fer ur opion sir

S!
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Maps
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »
from what ht said  its only going to be smalll maps for now with the smaller arena numbers,i liked the big maps too but  if thers only 50 people in the arena  youll never find them on a large map
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 04:08:11 PM »
hiyas rogerdee S! suh

the thing is it was already getting old with Uterus, Isles and Midin-o-my- god not this map again  :D

i just believe  in having the room to roam and large maps provide that.

my 2 cents

S!
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Maps
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 04:13:13 PM »
Originally posted by DadRabit
Has anyone heard if we are getting large maps back in rotation?  If we are not getting large maps back, why?

Of subject, but, are you my Dad, Rabbit?

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »
are you a red headed bunny?     :D
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Maps
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »
Im Red Headed...but I am more from the Mule family.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Maps
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Originally posted by DadRabit
... and Midin-o-my- god not this map again
:rofl :rofl :cry

Good one!

As for "having room" -- well it didn't work. You had 3 bases being steamrolled along the entire front, all 3 with a different unopposed horde, and then the milk-runners would come up 5 sectors away from the "front line" and just take bases unopposed.

If you enjoy killing ack, flattening the town, and dropping goons with no opposition, might I suggest offline practice, or 8-player locked rooms (don't want any of those pesky "enemy" to take off! They might get the goon! :lol )

I did like the "wander room" available, but I don't think we need 512x512 maps ever again. Not even when there were 700 people on were the 512x512 maps being used to their potential.

Beta2 is nice, okay, fine. However I find it very small and limited. I'd say somewhere back in the 256x256 maps might be better.

If I have my map sizes mixed up, forgive me. I'm calling the really huge ones "512x512", and the older medium-sized ones "256x256" -- if those should really be 256 and 128, then adjust your mindset accordingly.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Maps
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Im Red Headed...but I am more from the Mule family.

Ah, from the Stubb 'Ornazza clan! I know your kin!

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Maps
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »
i know what you mean dad i hated thoese little maps and now thats all we got:rolleyes:
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »
S!

heyas krusty

yes there are times when hordes take bases unopposed but i dont see it that much during the times i fly which is from 4:00am to noon central.  i can go to a different part of a big map away from the group and start a wole new battle.  different airfields, terrains and scenery.  alot of times folks up to try to stop this.  its great!  some of my fondest memories come from these battles.  

i never get tired of upprs or base defenders.  lots of times i am one.  my belief is that large maps are one of the keys to having fun in here.  hate to see them not return.  there are people out there that use names like "hordes"  "toolshedders" these folks are out having a good time capturing bases and blowing stuff up.  using teamwork to accomplish a goal.  large maps provide this.

S! sir

my 2 cents
S! 68KO
S! A8WB

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Maps
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:49:45 PM by hitech »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Maps
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:31 PM »
:(
S! 68KO
S! A8WB