Author Topic: Deleted over 300mb AH- i'm done  (Read 2942 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Deleted over 300mb AH- i'm done
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006, 06:41:22 AM »
I understand what he was trying to point out...

First off i recognize that HiTech needs to do whatever he thinks is best for the game.  He has information that guided his decision.  The current setup is his decision to help the game along. i understand that and respect it.

But in my opinion the problem was not the large arena but instead the lack of new maps that adequately addressed the varying needs of the large arena.  that is honestly what i think the direction should have been.

New Maps for large arena should have:

1)  large numbers of bases for strat guys
2)  limited number of capturable fields to reduce gang necessity
3)  advanced fitertown that cant be porked or taken for furbal guys
4)  advanced Tank town for gv guys that cant be taken/porked

vary the terrain and voila a good compromise!!!

I wont pretend to know all about T.O.D. (CTD), but i am not interested in a variant of a RPG.  I have a bunch of those but i  prefer the dynamic play of AH as it existed.  I am having more trouble "getting into the game" as time goes by (since the change).  I am really trying to get "that" feeling back and i hope i do!  i just hope other folks find it as well and we dont continue with guys leaving.  from leading alarge squad for a long time...i realize that guys dont always give things "extra time" or "a second chance".  They make a decision and its done.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:01 AM »
HMMM, odd...oh wait no it isn't; people were whining "I'm weevin' heew for-eber & eber" & the usual wolves were bashing them then.

If your gonna leave, just say C-ya folks - break time...& go.

I left a couple of months ago because of problems coordinating my P/C with the game, always having to reset something & plus...it got sort of boring which was the main reason for taking a break. So I played BF2 & beta tested BF2142 & just turned AHII back on, went through the usual stick settings p.i.t.a. (I unplugged my peripherals for a water cooling project; it's always something) only to discover my fairly new USB logitech headset doesn't work anymore & there are two new main arenas, can't say I'm crazy about that, but it's not my call & heck...maybe it's a good thing (I can get yet another headset & the arena changes I'll get used to).

My point is, you don't have to delete the game to take a break, or to make a point; or announce it like the queen just died. No one really cares if you delete the game & saying you did just makes you look silly. I left without notice, did my thing, didn't get bashed for it & no one even noticed I was gone (at least I don't think anyone noticed or even cared) And the same goes for you my man, leave, goof around with other games, enjoy life, change your nick & come back because deep down you know, AHII is like crack....you'll be back; they always come back. :aok

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »
or announce it like the queen just died

Wow, the Queen died?

That suxs.

:confused:   What?  Was there more to this thread?
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

storch

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
not queen, I think only freddy mercury died, he left some long sappy post also.  but at least in his case it made sense.  anyway they replaced him with that toothless runt paul rogers.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2006, 12:24:43 PM »
No; Queen died too storch. Did Fred post one of those "I took too many dirty dinkies & died" threads? I musta missed it.

God I needed my break from all you bananas...it's good to be back.:p

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2006, 02:38:51 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:54:34 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline KaK3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2006, 02:41:04 AM »
P.S. Falconwing had it right, and I private emailed him to tell him so, again, I din't want to respond to this thread, don't expect another one

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2006, 03:40:20 AM »
I went out fishing, preparing the bait far more carefully than I usually do.

But all of a sudden fishing isn't fun anymore.

My eurohead got it all wrong. But, hey! It's not my fault "tongue in cheek" doesn't exist in the Norwegian language.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2006, 09:51:07 AM »
is kak3 still hanging around this thread?  I thot he was gone or something...

:rolleyes:

Dont worry about the game fellas....when you leave, another takes your place.  Its the circle of dweeb.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:02:18 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns