Author Topic: X52  (Read 845 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 11:21:48 PM »
Just wanted to through out a big to everyone that gave advice, especially Max...He phoned me tonight and gave me some advice with setting up the stick!  Just went you think the community is going down hill, you see a great guy like him willing to reach out and help a fellow addict!  thank you...

What I decided to do was just map in game...It is much easier then the whole ssts whatever its called...I have also decided to combine the best of both worlds!  I am using my Microsoft sidewinder as my stick, and the X52 throttle quadrant as...well...the throttle! lol...Im just not comfortable with the size of the X52 stick...I love having a seperate throttle though...Its going to take a little getting used to, but it's definately adding to the game!

thanks again

cav
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 01:07:04 AM »
I love my X-52, I've had it from the time they first came out (They had to back order it) and have had no problems with it except for the shaft getting dirty and wanting to stick (real dusty farm land here) but a couple Qtips and some alcohol fixes that, and the silver paint is wearing off from the amount of use it gets.

The best thing about the programming software is the macro feture..  I have all the toggles set up for the /.salvo # commands all the way up to 12.... and just added /.ef to a button today for those quick belly landings with a con on your 6, the macro works in 1 second flat at the push of a button. Not to meantion the auto bomb sight callibration button. I also had a button set up at one time to type /Shut up Viper and the squad got a kick out of that :)

Also in the windows set up you can set the dead bands to make the stick as tight or loose as you want .  

Over all I find it is a good stick but it takes some geting used to. If you need any help I'll do what I can. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
X52
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 01:18:38 AM »
Cool FLayed, glad you enjoy it so much...If I move up to actually using the stick I will definately take you up on that
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Re: X52
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 03:48:31 AM »
Originally posted by cav58d
Is anyone willing to help me with my X52...I bought it about a year ago, but switched back to my microsoft sidewinder within hours....make a long story short, the sidewinder is dead, I now have 2 use the X52, and I lost the box for instructions....Im looking for someone to take some time with me and help me set up a profile and give me some tips on this beast
cav

Beast ?.... naah....

Thats a beast  (i have both)

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
dot commands
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »
Cav here's the link to the dot command list you asked for.
http://www.netaces.org/ahsetup/ah2quickref.pdf#search=%22aces%20high%20dot%20commands%22

If that doesn't work just google "aces high dot commands" Look for a PDF about 5-6 entries down the page.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:58 AM »
Dont program it, just map in in ah2 which is far better.

If you program it your problem is that with the text box open you cant use the function of the joystick because it will write the letter into the text box.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
X52
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 09:31:54 AM »
Schutt I usually don't have this problem because if I am in a situation where I am using the stick I most likely should not be typing LOL..   I can count on 1 hand in the years I have played AH the # of typing deaths I have had.

So other than chating in the middle of a fight I have to ask what are you doing that requires the text bar to be open while using the stick?
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!