Author Topic: Sunny day - New pics  (Read 170 times)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Sunny day - New pics
« on: October 02, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
Returning home from the East side. This is Greektown; Some of the best food in TO can be found in these numerous restaurants. This is shot from the south side of Danforth just east of Pape by a block and half (shooting NNE)

Remainder of shots from today are a visit to a nearby dog park. Nice day with lots of sunshine (for a change).

Local cemetery:

Shot about 80 pics today. One problem with some shots is camera shake. Other than carrying a tripod around, is there another easy way to stablize the camera for a shot; this becomes important in low light due to longer shutter speed. Anyone have a solution to this?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Sunny day - New pics
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »
Nice again toronto!

have you thought about getting a UV filter?

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Sunny day - New pics
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
I have ... they were out when I was last down there, but the sales person left a msg on my voicemail that it is in stock now.

I'll pick it up this week (good to protect the lens if nothing else) I almost walked into a branches today that could have scratched the lens

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Sunny day - New pics
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:23:22 AM »
Camera shake cures are similiar to shooting a gun.

Tuck elbows in to chest to brace your forearms.

Breath in, then 1/3 out and hold, stabilize, then squeeze off shot.

Follow through.  Squeeze and hold button instead of 'stabbing' it and releasing it quickly.  When shutter drops again the image should still be centered in viewfinder.

Not much diff from shooting a gun really.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Sunny day - New pics
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 07:41:01 AM »
what egal said , plus you could try a monopod (looks like a one legged tripod), lighter and handier than a tripod. but not as stable.