Author Topic: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc  (Read 1082 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 04:17:47 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
no way lazs, i was in a low slow P40 fighting your guys from a CV, you in the FM2.  

was a fun fight, and i never said it was unfair.

all i think is that yours and other peoples definition of a cherry pick must be somewhat different.

my version is of killing an enemy who is engaged with or about to kill another friendly. i regularly do this, i'm just wondering if you consider this to be a cherry pick because you know you do it yourself yet you condem the action of 'sherry picking'. understand my confusion?>

Why don't you start another thread to discuss the elusive defintion of a "Cherry Pick" ... cause it really has nothing to do with the theme of this thread.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 05:12:09 PM »
I dunno slap I think it's worth a discussion but for the record I don't think I was cherry picked.   I got shot down (SEVERAL TIMES) and once I saw that it was Laz, Slap, and assorted others I've seen on the boards, I decided to get back in there and mix it up some more.  I 'think' I got Laz once but the second time in a row you killed me I was wondering if my plane skin was covered in target logos.. oh wait it was a spit so of course it is.   Bottom line is it was a good time regardless of winning / losing.  I got smoked trying to get someones teammate and they protected one of their own while risking their hides from some of my guys in blue.  I tend to concur that the cherry picker hides up high, swoops in, kills, and runs.  Maybe their idea of fun but not mine.  Again guys I hope to run into you some more.   I wasn't too thrilled about getting vulched on the runway 5 times but that wasn't you guys and that's what I get for trying to up from a hot airfield.

Rock climbing tonight so I won't be on till after 9:00 cst.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 05:14:41 PM »
I think Airscrew has the definition of 'cherry pick' pretty well nailed.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 05:36:44 PM »
calm down slaphead, i wasnt the first to mention this, and i havent incited any riots have I?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »
The fact that you even posted here, given the title and content of the initial post, just shows what a tool you are, buttfunk.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 08:25:39 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I think Airscrew has the definition of 'cherry pick' pretty well nailed.

truth...

come on hubs... I don't know what the issue is between you and bat but I think you both make some good points all over the place.  I've got a $5 that says if you had the chance to really talk in private you'd find some mutual ground or at least to agree to disagree like gentlemen.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Don't think I wasn't tryin' !!!

hahaha... on one of them I wished you had.... I think you got me pulling up and took something off... (I didn't bother to look), lost control and started spinning in, read a book, got a beer, watched some tv, and FINALLY hit the ground.  

PS for new guys... in that situation it is my OPINION that you ride it in and don't bail.  Give the man his kill and don't worry about your 'score'.  The ONLY time I bail now is if I'm getting repeatedly HO'd by someone and they finally get lucky or if I'm WAY up high chasing bombers and don't want to wait 15 minutes to get back to the tower.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »
hey seriously hub, killnU brought up a point and i thought it was a good one, so im a tool for speakin off topic?  dicho aint mad at me for using his thread space i dnt think.

sorry to any pansies that i might have offended.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 09:05:59 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
PS for new guys... in that situation it is my OPINION that you ride it in and don't bail.  
Why?  So his squaddies can take turns shooting at your spiraling hulk in an attempt to steal the kill?

Originally posted by Dichotomy
Give the man his kill and don't worry about your 'score'.
He gets the kill if you bail or not -- don't understand your point.

"enter enter enter . e f " gets you in the tower and back in the fight quicker than riding it down.  Nothing to do with score.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 09:16:41 PM »
not at all Bat...

Public board and discussions are supposed to be fluent.  

I REALLY want to get back up tonight but I'm waiting for a business call that's very important.  So here I sit posting my drivel.

Laz, Slap, Hubs, etc..., someone pm me next time yall are getting together so I can come play against ya will you?

Again.. last night was a BLAST!!!!!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 09:21:10 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
Why?  So his squaddies can take turns shooting at your spiraling hulk in an attempt to steal the kill?

He gets the kill if you bail or not -- don't understand your point.

"enter enter enter . e f " gets you in the tower and back in the fight quicker than riding it down.  Nothing to do with score.

no I don't want someone to steal a kill... but, from what I understand, it affects my 'score' and some people see it as being more concerned about my score than the game, therefore I don't bail normally unless the circumstance calls for it like in BOB.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 09:24:21 PM »
bailing out is grreat fun dicho you should try it, the higher the better.

hit enter three times, then 'O' to open chute.

hitting 'O' is of course optional and mildly discouraged. :t  

guy gets his kill unstolen, and you get to free fall to the tower.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
bailing out is grreat fun dicho you should try it, the higher the better.

hit enter three times, then 'O' to open chute.

hitting 'O' is of course optional and mildly discouraged. :t  

guy gets his kill unstolen, and you get to free fall to the tower.

ahh so it doesn't affect anybodys score? If that's the case then I'm jumping when I'm a smoking wreck from now on :)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
bailing out and free falling 8k in about 30 seconds is a wild ride, especially if theres a furball around you.  it doesnt hurt much as you hit the deck at terminal velocity, just a faint cracking of bones and a quick blow to the head.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 10:12:36 PM »
ya that's what caused me to marry the life sucking blonde...

thank my lucky stars I ditched her and got the She Devil ;)