Author Topic: Engine Trouble  (Read 674 times)

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Engine Trouble
« on: September 19, 2006, 02:57:46 AM »
Is anyone else having trouble with the way the engines on planes are running????

Seems as if engine is cutting throttle on its own (reving high then low)

Has not caused me to lose alt or speed just creates for wierd sound when in flight

I have new computer (so it should not be sound card issue)

Just curious if this is happening to anyone else....

Has been in more than 1 different plane...

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 05:48:21 AM »
If you mean the volume going up and down on it's own without actually changing rpm or manifold pressure... Yes, this has been an issue since the days of AH1 for me. I've never seen a post that provides a fix for it, nor have I been able to fix it with every driver available for my SB Audigy.

At one time it bothered me since I used the engine sound to determine the speed my engine was at. Sort of like a car you've driven for a long time, you can tell how fast you're going by the sound of the engine. But, I've learned to glance at the guages.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
calibrate throttle and RPM control.

AKNOT

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »
Originally posted by BMnot
calibrate throttle and RPM control.
If it's just the sound, it's not calibration. If the RPM/MP changes then you are correct.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »
Its seems to be just the sound and I have calibrated my stick...

It seems to be more of sound issue and I like having the engine nouise to know whats going on with my plane without having to glance at guages too much but...

Such is life..

Thanks for the info guys was hpoing I wasnt the only one was gonna be real worried bout my new computer.....

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »
Remove your sound pack. I dislike most sound packs because the engine does this very thing. If it does it while using default AH sounds, then you might have a problem.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:32:09 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Remove your sound pack. I dislike most sound packs because the engine does this very thing. If it does it while using default AH sounds, then you might have a problem.
Actually it happens more with the default sounds than it does with the custom ones.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 10:41:31 AM »
Default engine sounds are a constant droning sound, they don't oscillate.

If that's happening, bring up E6B quickly and check the fuel consumption. If it's changing up and down, then you're actually changing your engine somehow. If it's steady, and nothing changes, then you might have a sound issue.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Engine Trouble
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 11:25:22 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Default engine sounds are a constant droning sound, they don't oscillate.

If that's happening, bring up E6B quickly and check the fuel consumption. If it's changing up and down, then you're actually changing your engine somehow. If it's steady, and nothing changes, then you might have a sound issue.
There is no oscillation of the engine sound. The volume itself increases and decreases randomly. So, yes this is a sound issue that I have never seen a fix for. Nor have I been able to correct it with various different drivers and settings.

As I said way back in this thread. It has been an issue for me since AH1 and does not affect performance of the plane or GV in any way.