Author Topic: Exhaustion  (Read 609 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Exhaustion
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »
would be neat if we could factor exhaustion into dogfighting, my reason being that in war somebody may have been in a better turning plane but that didnt necessarily mean theyd win if they get in a turn fight, it would usually come down to who got tired first.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Exhaustion
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:32:50 PM »
Although fatigue probably played a factor in WW2 dogfights, I'm not convinced that this would be good for the game. I already screw up enough as it is, and I don't believe the game (to that extent) should help me along in my blunders.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline hacksaw1

• Copper Member
Exhaustion
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:43:36 AM »
I think I read that Combat Tour is supposed to include pilot fitness as a variable.

What I think would be nice would be some way to know that you are heading into the dreaded "unending blackout." Prevention at that stage would be to let off the stick

Other sims include rapid breathing sounds in the oxygen mask during high G maneuvers. So perhaps just prior to getting into an extended blackout we could hear breathing in the oxygen mask to cue us that we are getting tired and on the verge of the blackout of death.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Exhaustion
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »
Yet the problem is CT is coming out in 2 weeks, ever since 4 years ago!
Oh man, I can already hear the requests of "Air Hose Puncture".

"Hitech buddy, can we get hose punctures so our pilots lose air in the cocky pit and have to like, like, like, dive and run to an air-base and like, fix their air-hose and like, try to race after their formation again?"
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Exhaustion
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 10:48:48 AM »
Technically, exhaustion is already factored in, sort of. The more Gs you pull, the more likely you are to fully black out. That is, if you pull Gs and "ride the tunnel" then ease up, then do it again before the fatigue has worn off, the next time might black out out faster, and for longer (perma-blackout). HTC mentioned this once long ago.

Not what you were thinking of, but still better than nothing, eh?