Author Topic: film viewer  (Read 239 times)

Offline JoeJoe

• Zinc Member
film viewer
« on: October 11, 2006, 12:11:42 AM »
I cannot access film viewer after reinstalling windows pro (just realised this).  When trying to open viewer I get microsoft error messages.  Is there a download just for this or is it necessary to download whole game?  As I have dialup only and usually connect at 26k or so I am hopeing there is a somwhat easy fix.  If there is an answer here make it simple (computer illiterate)  This may be seen by playing this game for 4 years or so and just figuring  out how to get on boards.  Thank you for any help.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
film viewer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 04:36:10 AM »
OK, first i want you to try this:

START > PROGRAMS > Aces High II > Aces High II Film Viewer.

If that doesnt work, open Windows Explorer (NOT Internet explorer!) and try to find your game installment folder (default would be C:\Programs\HTC\Aces High II\ - but since you reinstalled windows without it being deleted, i guess its somewhere else). In the folder, look for the ahfilm.exe file. Double click it to launch the film viewer (if that works, just create an alias on your desktop by right clicking it and "send to desktop").

If you dont find the game folder, search your computer for ahfilm.exe.

If you cant find that, im afraid you will have to reinstall the game. There is no separate download for the film viewer.

If you *find* the ahfilm.exe and get an error message *launching* it... see if you can launch the game (DIRECTLY, through the exe file in game install, not through any alias or start menu). If that doesnt work, something got messed up with reinstall of windows.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline JoeJoe

• Zinc Member
film viewer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 10:59:41 AM »
Thanks Schatzi  found it.