Author Topic: Constant Discoes and Connect Errors  (Read 527 times)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
Constant Discoes and Connect Errors
« on: August 18, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
Getting disconnected from AH ever 10 - 15 minutes with Host Connect Lost msg.  Error counter in modem status at this point goes up real fast maybe 10 per second.

Any idea what this could be?

Have noticed that vid card, USB host controller (2 of them), sound card and modem use the same interrupt (int 9) <- how is this possible and is this possibly causing the problem and if so how do i fix it?

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Constant Discoes and Connect Errors
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
Are you running windows 2000?  If so, this is pretty normal and is called ACPI.  This can also happen in win9x (and ME).  If this is not the case you have got some serious conflicts.  In the Win9x versions you can turn off ACPI (advanced power management) in the bios and in windows.  In windows 2000 there is no simple way to do this, but it is possible.  (The best way is to reformat and reinstall, pressing f5 near the start of install and picking HAL instead of ACPI.)

In your case I would try updating your modem drivers and/or firmware to see if that helps.  You might also want to try using the alt route for the main arena to see if that makes a difference.