Author Topic: Need new secenerio's Tired of running same od thing  (Read 2325 times)

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
Need new secenerio's Tired of running same od thing
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »
the secenerios have been terriable we need new ones we run the same ones year after year and they getting worse.
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 08:40:01 PM »
Same ones year after year?

Odd, I thought last year with Rangoon and Coral Sea were rather new, Stalins Fourth New, Operation Downfall, New,  BoB06 was a repeat of a popular one while Pearl Harbor, again New, is being built.

Sorry you missed all those new ones.   We'll try and do better to promote them.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:44:54 PM »
I.  Cannot.  Wait.  For Pearl Harbor!  That's going to be a blast.  I've done it before in HTH arena with the Pearl map and Battleship row.  Finally able to hit with torps, hehe...
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »
Pearl has been in the work for 2 years maybe it will get done soon

Rangoon was allright

Coral Sea stunk

Stalins Fourth New was good cause of new map

Operation Downfall was a bust with CO quiting and all CV's being dead on frame 1 and they had to give some back to save the event.

BoB06 was a repeat of a popular one that had low numbers

I have all secenaro numbers for all events anfd frames for the past 6 years  you want me to post them. Numbers show all

We need something NEW get pearl up for decemeber when it happened and not in July
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:38:40 AM by 68KO »
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Re: Need new secenerio's Tired of running same od thing
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 01:13:33 AM »
Originally posted by 68KO
the secenerios have been terriable we need new ones we run the same ones year after year and they getting worse.

whiner:furious

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »
Your opinions on the events are noted, everyone has them :)

Sorry you weren't part of the Pearl Design Team though, yes it takes a while to build a custom event, we don't knock out Scenarios in a day, they take some investment in time.  These things really suck when things like Orders and stuff get sent out last minute.

Pearl is scheduled for December, on the same time line it's been planned for since it's inception.   Not sure where you pulled July from.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:31:23 PM »
Whiner! How about you help write up some scenarios and design some maps? Then we will see.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »
I can't imagine Pearl Harbor being any fun for the allies if it's historically accurate, and I can't imagine it being fun for anyone at all if it's not.

Just my 2 cents :)

68KO, you know the war was only 6 years long...  limited number of historical scenarios to pull from, except for the ones that were slaughters.

ROC I think the CMs do a great job. It's never possible to think of everything all the time, you know?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:29:28 PM by scottydawg »

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »
...and with all due respect, 68KO, wouldnt this complaint have been better placed in the CMs forum? You're a CM. after all...and doesnt seem right to take internal CM issues onto the public forum.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:48:37 AM »
Now now, I can see 68KOs comment as being legit. I don't know if I agree. I liked Stalin's, but a lot of fighter jocks hated it (GVs half the time). I liked Malta, for the 2 frames I flew, but the goals were rather hard for axis to accomplish.

However, my memory is short on the "interesting" or "good" scenarios for the past few years. Prior to Malta I really didn't do scenarios much, but I watched BOB04 with interest. Before that..... I'm drawing a blank.

It might be that they're just not advertised enough, but they're there. So maybe the answer to 68KOs post is to advertise more for the scenarios. That would spread awareness, and minimize the feelings of stagnation.

Just a thought.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 04:17:09 AM »
Here is a list of scenarios that have run in the past two years:

Battle of Britain 2006 (September, 2006)
Operation Downfall (July, 2006)
Stalin's Fourth (April, 2006)
Fire Over Malta (November, 2005)
Coral Sea (April, 2005)
Rangoon, '42 (October, 2004)
Battle of Britain 2004 (August, 2004)

I've very much enjoyed them, and they are all quite different.  Pearl Harbor is the next scenario, and it will be yet again quite different from those.

Also, the number of scenarios run per year is picking up, which I like very much.

Except for BoB 2006 (a repeat of BoB 2004), all are new, so I don't see them as being the same year after year.  As for whether or not they were fun for a particular person, well, that depends on personal taste.  Me, I liked them.

2006 will have had 3 new scenarios and one run of a past popular one.  I think it will work best to have a couple new ones per year and a couple re-runs of past popular ones per year.  Having every scenario run be a new design is too inefficient (not allowing more than about 2 scenarios per year), and you don't get a chance to play in past favorites ever.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 06:13:22 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke
Here is a list of scenarios that have run in the past two years:

Battle of Britain 2006 (September, 2006)
Operation Downfall (July, 2006)
Stalin's Fourth (April, 2006)
Fire Over Malta (November, 2005)
Coral Sea (April, 2005)
Rangoon, '42 (October, 2004)
Battle of Britain 2004 (August, 2004)

I've very much enjoyed them, and they are all quite different.  Pearl Harbor is the next scenario, and it will be yet again quite different from those.

Also, the number of scenarios run per year is picking up, which I like very much.

Except for BoB 2006 (a repeat of BoB 2004), all are new, so I don't see them as being the same year after year.  As for whether or not they were fun for a particular person, well, that depends on personal taste.  Me, I liked them.

2006 will have had 3 new scenarios and one run of a past popular one.  I think it will work best to have a couple new ones per year and a couple re-runs of past popular ones per year.  Having every scenario run be a new design is too inefficient (not allowing more than about 2 scenarios per year), and you don't get a chance to play in past favorites ever.

As well, you can play different roles and sides in each scenario... livens it up!

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »
Krusty
"Whiner! How about you help write up some scenarios and design some maps? Then we will see."

I was a CM for 4 years and wrote 6 FSO's and Designed Snapshot events and also created the Air Racing Event on Tuesday nights.

Simaril
"...and with all due respect, 68KO, wouldnt this complaint have been better placed in the CMs forum? You're a CM. after all...and doesnt seem right to take internal CM issues onto the public forum"

I am not a cm anymore I was one for 4 years.

ROC
"Pearl is scheduled for December, on the same time line it's been planned for since it's inception. Not sure where you pulled July from."

Thats great ROC can not wait, July was just a referance.

I just want pearl for december

Cant wait I will be on IJN Command I can CO and XO now .Going to be fun reading the Rules are they up yet December is 2 1/2 months away and are the BBS up yet?
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 10:05:34 PM »
Sorry, that was Krypto, not I.

Offline 1895

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
      • http://raf315.org
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 07:12:11 AM »
Shhh Krusty your supposed to take the smart arse back talk for me :D