Author Topic: Cloud Editor?  (Read 358 times)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Cloud Editor?
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »
What is the Cloud editor? How do you use it, and What is it used for?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Cloud Editor?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »
Most proffesional users of the CE (Cloud Editor) suggest you make your first layer using the CE, then just edit the text file to get what you want. The CE is pretty messed up and is only good for getting the coordinates you need, not the cloud layers you want.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Cloud Editor?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »
Denholm, with all due respect, it would be hard to find a more "professional" (ha!) user than myself... and I would never tell anyone what you just said. The CE does pretty much what it's supposed to, and the animated preview it gives is completely valuable. I have used TextEdit to make copies of the fronts, yes... but to suggest that someone use a text editor to complete all but the first layer is absurd.

Macleod, take the time to actually learn and understand it and you will be fine.

One bug that it DOES have, is that when you reopen a cloud file, Front 1 always reverts to a default setting. Be aware of that and you will be fine.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Cloud Editor?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:19 AM »
I am merely stating what I read in a previous thread started by diablomaxx. He was asking how to use the CE, and the majority of the people replying mentioned that the CE wasn't helping them that much, so they used a common text editor to open the cloud files and edit the layers to their specifications.
FlameThink.com

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Cloud Editor?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »
Man, I can't imagine doing something more "the hard way" than that. I know a couple of people have an issue with the CE not working below a certain monitor resolution (1024x768, I think) but other than that, the CE works just fine and does exactly what what you need it to do.

Unless you're not using it right, I guess. :confused:
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Cloud Editor?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:10:18 AM »
The CE doesen't have much of a constructive help file, cause whenever I made a cloud layer for my terrain, it killed the frame rate!
FlameThink.com