Author Topic: Spiking CH Pro Throttle ??  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Spiking CH Pro Throttle ??
« on: February 04, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
My current control setup is a CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Pedals, and a CH Pro Throttle (using SpeedKeys), all running thru a SB Live gameport (I own a CH gamecard but dont' notice a difference).

My problem is that lately, when ever I open up the radio text buffer, something (assuming throttle here) sends characters into the text line.

-=

Are the two it sends.

So about half the time I get my radio messages to look like.....

"Ro-=-=lling f15-= hdg to -= hv-=y"

I'm sure my fellow Rookian are getting sick of it.

I have tried to use the throttle dampener in control setup, but since my throttle is in digital mode I don't think it effects it.

Anyone know a fix to this??

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
Dicta Verm: "Never give the suckers an even break!" or translated "Never engage without an advantage"

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
I get the same Vermillion. Always the + or =
characters in the radio buffer. It does not happen always either and I have no idea what I may have done to either get rid of it nor bring it on.

-Westy

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
I get the same problem with the 'v' and 'c' characters.  Know what it is?  You all like me probably have your throttle set to emulate the keyboard rather than as an extra joystick axis.  I have found that if I move the throttle forward and back, it clears up for a while.  I think its just normal throttle drift since we need 20+ increments to emulate full throttle authority.

-Ding

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 02-04-2000).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »
Sounds like your getting a little drift.  The deadband setting only works with analog.  I don't what to suggest other than using the throttle in analog mode.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2000, 06:58:00 PM »
Verm,

I have the same set up.  I used to get this every so often in WB (Havn't seen it in AH) Usually I all I had to do was to reload the template file into the throttle.  Also some times I get it if the throttle wheel on my Jstick gets moved from the fully shut position.

Sharky

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2000, 08:13:00 PM »
 Your probably right Dingy. I'll check my Speedkeys out and will also try what you do.
 Thanks Pyro. For me it does not seem to really effect anything but my text. I do not see any adverse effext but the extra characters in the radio box. Heck when it happens I can have NO programs open and if I open Notepad I see the characters scrolling eratically there too. It's not AH at all.
 Hmmmm.. And as I read Sharkys post I reached up and found my joystick throttle advance about a 1/4 inch. Even though I have the Pro throttle I shut this one down just in case.
 Thanks for the tip.

-Westy

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2000, 08:17:00 PM »
Can you shoot your guns while moving the throttles in non-anolog mode?  

Pretty much why mine is not set up that way.

Mino

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2000, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks Sharky, I think that fixed it.

I moved the stick throttle all the way forward and then all the way back, and I haven't seen the problem since

Mucho gracias  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
Dicta Verm: "Never give the suckers an even break!" or translated "Never engage without an advantage"

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »
Mine is setup analog Mino. I've can't recall if I have ever tried shooting while I was moving the throttle at the same time.
I know I do one or the other.....
I'll have to try and make a mental note when flying.

-Westy

Jedman

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
I have the same setup as well (F16 fighterstick, ProPedals, ProThrottle). I have throttle in analog mode and have never had a problem. I can shoot, view, do anything while throttle and/or any other keys/buttons are used.

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2000, 01:28:00 PM »

Originally posted by Vermillion:
My current control setup is a CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Pedals, and a CH Pro Throttle (using SpeedKeys), all running thru a SB Live gameport (I own a CH gamecard but dont' notice a difference).

Anyone know a fix to this??

I have the same gear, Vermillion, but have no problems other than the occaisional spike from the combatstick.  You contacted CH about this yet?  
Might want to clear the throttle memory and re-download the throttle PTX (?) file from speedkeys again.   That has caused problems in the past, (2 years ago) but not recently.

------------------
O.E. 'Tern' Dillon
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"