Author Topic: MA, err sorry LW1 full again  (Read 4280 times)

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
MA, err sorry LW1 full again
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
120 cap....Dont like it at all,  dont want to go to the areas that have 49 people in it.  Didnt when the max was 750 , dont now.   Those ew  mw arenas are for people that have there own little thing going on, which is fine, but not for me.   If I remember right when the max was higher, I still did not see people run to the arenas that had 50 people, most all seemed to fly in the arena that had the most action going on.  

Keep the ew mw arenas just up the numbers on the lw so we whiners have a place to crowd into and horde ourselves to death if we want.  

Has nothing to do with the 14.95 I pay, if this game was FREE I still would not like it!  I May just feel i have no room to say anything about changes made "if it was free", but it's not.  

I dont care what everyone flys , if everyone did fly spits and la7 so what?  How can that be a factor?  If people Dont want to fly against them type planes thats there choice,  they dont scare me,  booo.    

Now If I  log on to fly see the main arena is full now i dont go to the arena with 22-20- 20  people, boring!! , i log off.  

Does'nt it say in there advertisment ,  " fly with 100's of people from all over the world"     (but at the end it says in small print)  of course spread out over 5 arenas.  :)    

Why break up our happy home that housed several hundred crazed wild online happy go lucky pilots?  

PS i get more lost udp switch to tcp crap now more then ever.  :(  then having to relog to get a stable connection hoping i get back into the arena i was in.   :(

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2006, 06:48:57 PM »
Deleted for back door moderation.

HiTech
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:23:26 AM by hitech »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »
Guppy whilst i appreciate you have an opinion the same as myself and are as entitled to voice it as i am mine, perhaps you should check facts before you speak.

I did  cancel my subscription and my 14.95 stays in my pocket.

Now on your opinions..................... .....

Is it just possible that HTC is trying to expand the fun for everyone not just the 'mob'.

yes, but for mob read "majority". Even in elections the "majority" usually win, isn't that the democratic and "american" way?

Is it possible they have longer range goals then just trying to please what sound to be a bunch of 9 year olds who've been told to go to bed before they want to?

9 year olds? on what facts do you base this assumption? (starting to sound like slapshot :aok )

And yes, The game does belong to HTC.

Offline Magellan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2006, 06:51:44 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Jeez you guys sound like drug addicts.  If your that miserable, quit playing.  It's just a GAME after all.  Heaven forbid your 14.95 goes somewhere else then.

Huzza! Huzza! The day $15 bucks becomes 'a lot' of money, I need to stop flying AH. My only gripe is that 2 hours every Sunday just isn't enough.

I often think the protracted debate over arena changes is indicitive of the bad part of what HiTech called 'comunity dynamics' and what happens when folks get used to said dynamic.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
Maybe the shreaking and whining?  That sounds awful 9 year-oldish to me.

;)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2006, 06:54:15 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Maybe the shreaking and whining?  That sounds awful 9 year-oldish to me.

;)

its because they took my big dummy away and only gave me 2 little ones :cry

:rofl

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »
Maybe the shreaking and whining? That sounds awful 9 year-oldish to me

And who is doing these things?

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »
Gezz my post worked that fast ?  lw is up to 220 now?  lmao  :)  another 7 post and we'll be back up to 700.  hehe  :)

Power to the Post!!!!!      hehe!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2006, 07:02:53 PM »
Hardware has never been a problem at HTC, they have worked very hard keeping the best set-up they can right along.

The problem was the game play, or "community dynamics" of the 700+ arenas. Yes HTC is trying to push/force players into a different style/way of playing because they saw that with the 700+ arenas the game had a cancer and was killing itself. The community could not, or would not police it self to prosper so changes had to be made. Seeing as the "game" is their main source of income  :) they had to make changes "for the good of the game", and their livelyhood  :)

To use Hammy dodge idea, you go to buy the new viper, but they changed the fenders, the thing rides like a truck no matter how fast it goes. Well if you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT! It seems a Majority of the people, while many may not love the changes made in the game, are still PLAYING, while only a few.... a vast MINORITY are still complaining about it.

I belive HTC has made a decision on which direction they MUST have the game go if it is to survive and prosper. No amount of crying and complaining is going to change it.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Hardware has never been a problem at HTC, they have worked very hard keeping the best set-up they can right along.

The problem was the game play, or "community dynamics" of the 700+ arenas. Yes HTC is trying to push/force players into a different style/way of playing because they saw that with the 700+ arenas the game had a cancer and was killing itself. The community could not, or would not police it self to prosper so changes had to be made. Seeing as the "game" is their main source of income  :) they had to make changes "for the good of the game", and their livelyhood  :)

To use Hammy dodge idea, you go to buy the new viper, but they changed the fenders, the thing rides like a truck no matter how fast it goes. Well if you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT! It seems a Majority of the people, while many may not love the changes made in the game, are still PLAYING, while only a few.... a vast MINORITY are still complaining about it.

I belive HTC has made a decision on which direction they MUST have the game go if it is to survive and prosper. No amount of crying and complaining is going to change it.

but what is this cancer you speak of? If people are having fun then fine.... the first split didn't go down well, but at least the choice was there. the ones not having fun, "fled" to EW or MW and the ones that didn't think it was broken carried on enjoying themselves in LW, the new MA.

however LW again was attacked, and ripped apart and its bugging me why we... the majority of the gaming population are getting attacked so much, because apparently this isnt the way to play the game anymore? are we not suppose to be having fun anymore?

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
Personally I think he got rid of the cancer when they all left to go to the ew and mw arenas. I've had no problems or complaints about LW since the first change and the caps in all arenas was upped.

This won't get any more people in ew or mw than there was before. We will merely have 2 lw's with 200+ in each and ew and mw limping along with under 100.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »
HT would never have done this if he hadn't concluded that 1 large massive arena was diminishing new subscriber growth
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2006, 08:58:18 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Give it some time and give it a try ... the MW (which I fly in the most) is becoming populated with what appears to be a "regular" crowd and an excellent bunch of people to fly with or against. I have had more fun in the MW in the last week than I have had in the last year and a half in the MA.

As my daughter might have said...."well, duh!"  This is exactly what smaller arenas accomplish.  You get to know the crowd, regardless of what side you're on.  You don't mind switching sides to even things out, because you know everyone who's there.  It's "Cheers" come to AH2.

- oldman (we've known this in AvA for years) (years, I say)

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2006, 02:48:44 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
but what is this cancer you speak of?  

Playing in the MA became, at least for me, about as entertaining as playing an offline sim against mid-90's AI. There were very few recognizable faces in a sea of strangers. That meant no rivalries and no real competition against recognizable people. It built an environment where noobies were left pretty much to their own devices, and given that online games tend to have a base subscriber turnover, that leads to the degradation of player skills and game play, the evolution of the lemming horde and an increase in subscriber turnover. In that scenario you eventually wind up with hordes of hispanos lifting from fields, flying straight at the oppo, HOing them, reupping, etc, ad nauseum - oh, wait that WAS the MA.  

Smaller arenas means the faces become recognizable again. People start competing against people again instead of shooting down faceless/nameless *toons*, so individual tactics get better. Getting a kill is a competition won instead of a repetitive activity. Rivalries will build between players and squadrons. Beating the crap out of the other sides will become fun and the whole point of playing instead of a being just the means to change an unpopular terrain, so group tactics and strategies get better.

One thing that amazed me in AW with it's multiple ETO arenas were the people who spent their game time trying to get into an already full arena instead of heading off to another to actually play the game. For awhile there, there'd be one full arena and several others with just a few in each and a bunch of people banging their heads against a wall trying to get into the full one. After a couple of months there were several mostly full arenas. The same will happen here.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »
Deleted for quote of back seat.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 09:26:53 AM by hitech »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."