Author Topic: gun sights...new ones  (Read 1067 times)

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
gun sights...new ones
« on: May 17, 2001, 09:35:00 PM »
first i apologize for not being able to figure this out through researching,after about an hour i gave up.

my question:

how do i go about switching my default sights to one of the choices that you have?

_____________________________ _______________

i also want to say that i am completely in love with your game.cavemanjack turned me on to you guys, and i am now an aces high addict.i cannot afford your main arena,so i'll be in the h2h arena.i am getting to be a good flyer and i would love to see how i compare to your regulars.caveman says it's a steep learning curve.i understand about the free trial run but i'm saving that for when i think i'm real good.

if anyone cares my call sign is zilla, come shoot me sometime,if i don't get you first!

Offline RBug

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2001, 04:49:00 AM »

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2001, 06:32:00 AM »
He means http://www.hitechcreations.com/sights.html

Welcome Zilla!  Hope to see you in the main arena some time.  When you do your free trial, be sure to hook up with a trainer for some 1 on 1 instruction to help with the learning curve.  You can also get help from ArtLaws in H2H play, but you should set up  Roger Wilco (www.resounding.com) for voice comms first to make things easier.  If you set up RW, be sure to set it for Wav recording.

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2001, 07:40:00 AM »
hehehe art? i shoot him down all the time!

seriously,i would get some one on one if i joined up.

i'm clicking on the link.

[edit]sirs,i'm not the brightest light bulb in the pack. i was at that page and still couldn't figure out how to marry my new gun sight that i wanted to try, to the plane.maybe i should elaborate.

i mostly fly tempest,corsairs, and some bombers for fun. i have got the sights downloaded to my aces high folder.at this time i haven't figured out how to actually change them. i tried typing tempest then the name of the sight. i still have the default sight...do i need to delete the default sight?

i'm usually good at fuguring things out and this time i'm stumped. [/edit]

[This message has been edited by roofer (edited 05-18-2001).]

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2001, 10:25:00 AM »
Hiya,
     Yep goto C:/Progs/HTC/Aces High/Sights/ find default sight then delete it and add your new one, Next time you enter game new default kicks in

Have Fun

Def

EDIT.........
Also you can change views in cockpit, Press F7 once then use Arrow Keys Numpad Page Up/Down to adjust a view to ya liking, When you got a view to ya liking press F10 to save
Do this to all views in cockpits in each plane, Once saved it's setup for good......
If you mess a view up press F7/go onto view ya wanna change and hit Home Key, I think that sets default back or you can goto HTC c: folder and find the plane in there and delete it, Next time in default views kick in

Def

[This message has been edited by Defiance (edited 05-18-2001).]

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
thanks,when i get home i'll try this!

_____________________________ __________

go go go-zilla!  [add blue oyster cult music]

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
i got it...may i make a suggestion?

on the gunsight page...in the directions on
how to change sights

1. change the name of the default sight to [something else]
2. choose the sight you like, rename sight  "default"

_____________________________ ________________

i'm looking forward to using the new sight and trying others!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2001, 02:15:00 AM »

C:/Progs/HTC/Aces High/Sights/

Ya played to long time with yer Unix boxes  

it's more C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High\sights

Offline Harppa

• Nickel Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2001, 02:36:00 AM »
If you change the name of any of your gunsight to default, it'll show up on every plane.
You can also name the gunsight for every plane individually, for example '109g10', 'Spit9','p51d' , '190a8'
etc.
Good luck, CyA up there

Harppa
III/JG5

Offline roofer

• Zinc Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2001, 08:32:00 PM »
i like your mascot

i have another sight question
on the convergence chart they  have a green crosshair,what does adusting that do?

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
gun sights...new ones
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2001, 08:05:00 AM »
Firstly, since the recent update, you can change gunsights while flying via the clipboard/setup/gunsights button.

Secondly, convergence is the point in space where you gun's individual firing streams meet, the "sweet spot" of maximum destruction!   On planes with more than one gun set, i.e. a Spit which has both MG's and cannon, or a P47 with four pairs of .5's, each pair gets it's own coloured crosshair on the convergence page. So it's quite normal to set the spit's MG's out to around 300-350 for long range shots to get the bogey to turn (they're still effective at 5-600, convergence affects aiming at range, not range it's self), and have the canons at 200-250 to blow him up if he's dumb enough to turn with you...

And so on