Author Topic: Realism?  (Read 639 times)

BigBald

Realism?
« on: May 23, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Hi
I have read that AH is a realistic sim but not so realistic like many people believes. I would like to hear the opinion of an expert about the realism in the flight model of AH. I know that bomber system in B17 is irreal, but I'm refering to the flight model, only the flight model.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Realism?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
S!

As not being an expert on FM or it's realism...My thoughts are that AH has the data on most planes pretty accurately modeled/input.There are some minor errors(or whatever You want to call them) in some performance values like:missing/too much weight,too high/low roll rate at certain speed etc.These have been discussed thoroughly across the board and my opinion is that HTC won't change anything unless they get proof to do the changes.
Also to bear in mind is that every aspect of flying can't be modeled on a PC,since it's computing power ain't enuf and You can't expect a bugless program What AH does is a pretty close modeling of flying.Even with it's "errors" is AH well above average in the Flight Sim genre's realism "barometer"  

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Realism?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
Hola santiago.
Mira que eres coñaaaaaaaaaaaazo eh?

hala quikitin. q te sea leve

He's a guy who is trying to convince people in a spanish forum that the B17 FM of Microprose's B17II "The mighty 8th" is better than AH's FM.

In fact he is saying and repeating that AH FM is completely unrealistic and that lacks things like vibration (¿?), and that the C.G. modelling in AH is something common in today's sim factory (he compares AH with Crimson Skies in this regard, Go figure)

And after saying all that, he says that the B17 in B17II is the best FM of a B-17 in any simulator around...ahem. AH's FM has lots of black spots. BUt B17 II's B17 FM is a complete joke

[This message has been edited by R4M (edited 05-23-2001).]

BigBald

Realism?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2001, 06:48:00 PM »
"In fact he is saying and repeating that AH FM is completely unrealistic and that lacks things like vibration (¿?), and that the C.G. modelling in AH is something common in today's sim factory (he compares AH with Crimson Skies in this regard, Go figure)"

I have never sayd that

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Realism?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
I fly gliders from time to time (the eternal student pilot), and though it may sound odd, the AH D9 FM is extremely similar to flying a sport glider.

I know, it sounds "wrong", but it's my honest impression! The way it handles, the way roll rate picks up with speed, the way nose high turns kill your speed, the way nose low turns acelerate you etc. etc, it just feels the same as the glider I fly.

This isn't a bad thing! To me, the D9 perfectly recreates the limited experience of flight I've had.

Nothing else has come as close, certainly not the gliders in MSFS, although obviously the MSFS cockpit and proceedures are a lot closer, the AH FM "fits" my experience better.

And yes, gliders have drop tanks  :-) (even if it's only water)