Author Topic: Can't get the program to work  (Read 658 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Can't get the program to work
« on: February 07, 2000, 11:28:00 AM »
Hi there,

I downloaded the program to include version 1 and the patch (1) as well as the high res patch. After all was loaded by the wise installer I set the patches and tried to boot the program. Here is what happened.

I got a white screen, then a diagonal blue and white screen with half the screen blue. Then somnething resembling a very thick rectangular fishnet  went to the upper left corner of the screen taking upo about a 6th of the screen. After that the system locked and I had to use ctr alt del to get out of the frozen program. Whut happened?????

I have a P3 450mhz with 128 meg ram. a voodoo3 3000 AGP card with 16 megs ram, Sound blaster 16 card, Thrustmaster joystick and a newer 17" monitor. The video setting were changed to see if that was the problem. I went from 16 colors to 256 colors and no change in the program.

Inquiring minds want to know HOW DO I GET FLYING??????????

Thanks
Mav Formerly Maverick 13th TAS (AW)

------------------
No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
Make sure you do NOT select 32bit in the AH video selection. (just one tidbit to help)

-Westy

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
That sounds like the problem.  The Voodoo 3 won't run in 32 bit color.  I don't know why it thinks it can.  My Voodoo 2 won't let me choose 32 bit.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2000, 07:22:00 PM »
In setting up the game I never got a video selection option. It wouldn't open anything up. I'll delete the video cfg file and see if it pops up.
Thanks

------------------
No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown